1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Running ISOs on 3.52 M33-2 CFW -- Solutions?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PreZBren, Aug 15, 2007.

1. PreZBren

PreZBren Member

I have upgraded to 3.52 M33-2 CFW and have had non-stop problems trying to run ISOs in the ISO folder located in the root of the memory stick.

I know there's posts about this already, but my aim is to narrow down already attempted and possible solutions.

Even after I drag and drop an ISO into the PSP's ISO folder and attempt to run it in the XMB>Game from the memory stick, it says, "There are no games."

I can say for a fact that I have a fake 4 GB memory stick and under the menu "MagicGate Supported" is says Unknown. This could be a possible reason. But are there any known fake 4 GB memory sticks running ISOs on 3.52 M33-2?

I have also attempted compressing ISOs into CSOs using PSP ISO Compressor 1.4, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I've also attempted going into recovery and enabling the Sony NP9660 -NO UMD- mode. I've also tried the mode that requires a UMD to be in the drive.

Another thing I've tried was enabling the 1.50 kernel mode (Read somewhere on the forums about it), but doesn't this require you to drag and drop EBOOTs to a PSP>Game folder instead? I've even tweaked and reset the CPU speeds to default.

So far, the only thing I can come up with is that my memory stick is the cause for being fake and/or the 3.52 M33-2 CFW just isn't ISO compatible enough yet.

I suppose an additional solution would be to try to use UMDGen or roll-back to 3.40 OE. But if I do that, does the 4 GB fake memory stick still work for ISOs?

It's just annoying that I can't seem to get the PSP to recognize any ISO in the XMB>Game memory stick.

Lastly, is there anything specific that I need to do within Popstation in order for ISOs to be extracted correctly? Final Fantasy VII extracted an EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN for each of the three discs. I've read that I should extract the ISO from the EBOOT.PBP and somewhere else that I just need to rename the EBOOT.PBP to a .ISO name. So nothing gets done to KEYS.BIN?

Recommendations? Solutions? Best/most popular Popstation?

2. Zan88

Zan88 Regular member

I am running 3.52-2 and for me the ISOs run perfectly. It is your memory stick, full stop. Go buy a new one,

As for this whole eboot thing.., what are you on about???

If you are trying to run a PS1 game on your psp copy the eboot.pbp and keys.bin to a folder in GAME.

3. btjl90

btjl90 Regular member

first step: try using ur friends mstick

if it works >>> ur mstick is good game

if it doesnt work >>> down flash uto 1.5 and up to m33 again

4. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

hi had the same problem with 2 games all i done was renamed the 2 isos to a shorter name then they worked

5. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

m33 runs every single .iso if it is a good dump and not some butchered rip

it also has a character limit on the names of .isos

6. nothasoul

nothasoul Member

I have been having the same problem. I have the m33 firmware and i can only get 2 games to work. I have sevral games that are in iso format but only 2 games will load. I put them in in the iso folder put gradiuos and a car game work. I have Ratchet and Clank but that won't work. i renamed ratchet to a shorter name and it still didn't work. How do i play cso games on m33 anyway

7. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

ok go into recovery menu and make umd settings i always umd needed (how much extra weight does a umd add lol)also try disableing all settings in advance config.
    cso files can still be put in iso folder to convert iso to cso i use a prog called umdgen i dont have a link so just google it
    hope this was helpful

8. PreZBren

PreZBren Member

Ok, I've got it working. It seems to be working great on the Sony driver. But how do I get the game to play in full screen?

9. PreZBren

PreZBren Member

Nevermind, duh. Yes, this is my first time lol. A bit hasty, eh?

10. CoolGuy11

CoolGuy11 Member

Man..Im having the same problem...what did u do PrezBren...Cuz some of my isos work and some dont..for example burnout legends and prince of persia rival swords and GTA:LCS works...but like midnight club edition and ratchet and clank dont work for me..and i didnt rt any other ones...oh and pinball hall of fame works
    ...any ideas whats wrong?
    mayeb its just a flaw in the M33 CFW...
    and and I also made the name for the game short and it stilld oesnt work..

11. CoolGuy11

CoolGuy11 Member

ohh i found out something...the version of the midnight club edition that I have is corrupted..I put it on a different memory stick and the game showed up as corrupted..I forgot that on the firmware I have "hide corrupted icons" enabled...still I don't knwo why it showed corrupted on the other memory stick...but anyways..yeah....

12. Zan88

Zan88 Regular member

CoolGuy - i have a ratchet and clank .iso and that worked and i compressed it to a .cso and still worked perfectly on M33 3.52 and that was using the sony driver... so if yours doesnt work using the sony driver try downloading a different one as there is no reason it shouldnt work. !!

13. jclape

jclape Regular member

ok can some one who is running 3.52 M33-2 please go to there recovery mode and tell me exactly what there is set to I baught this for my sons birthday and am trying to put some games on his mem stick but only a few of the games are working they are all changed over to cso files already . I am going crazy deleting and then puting games back on to see which ones are working and not i think that maybe i am doing something wrong or it is not set up correctly baught it this way off ebay modded with this firmware.

14. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

alot of the time if you put iso/cso's on your memory stick and it says no games when you try and launch them 9 times out of ten you just need to rename them,also some 4gig fake memory sticks work perfectly where as others only have 1gig on them even though when you check capacity it tells you it is 4 gig in other words it is a 1 gig stick mede to look like a 4 gig stick with the ability to trick card readers and psp's into thinking it is 4 gig these are often found on.............you guessed it ebay

15. kingj1

kingj1 Member

i just bought a 3.52 m33-2. it has custom firmware, i think. i can play 2 ISO/CSO directly from the memory without a UMD. i have 10 other games but cannot play them. i don't know what is wrong. anyhelp. i am NEWBIE. so, please be specific.

how can i play ripped ISO/CSO directly from my memory stick?

i know to put them in the ISO folder, but everytime i start up a game, it seems to be loading, and then, black screen.

help

KingJ

16. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

try this-go into recovery mode (to do this turn psp off totally then hold the right shoulder button down as you turn it back on)go to config and change the umd mode to the sony no umd needed,also whilst in recovery mode go to advanced/advanced config and make sure all the options are disabled

17. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

If you have so much problems with 3.52M33-2 then why not try 3.52M33-4?