1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems uploading to hard drive!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dho74, Jan 2, 2005.

1. dho74

dho74 Member

Hey there! Ok. I am having troubles with a few DVD's. Most DVD's work fine when I upload them to my hard drive, and burn them. No problem, but then there's a few that get to like 50% uploaded (to hard drive), and then it pretty much stops. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it? I don't think it's the disc because I do clean them before uploadin/burning. Like I said...it's mainly just one or two discs that are giving me a problem. Can anyone help??

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

What program are you using to rip them to your hard drive?
    How big is your hard drive?
    What is your system specs?
    All this info will help to help you.

3. dho74

dho74 Member

Hey there. I'm using DVD decrypter to burn them to my hard drive. I'm not sure of all those other questions. All I know is I have a brand new Sony Vaio. Like I was saying before, this has happened on only 2 discs I have copied. For example...I have copied the Band of Brothers...discs 1-4, but 5 will get to 50%, and when I finally stopped it, it took longer for it to get to 57% than it did to 50%. I'm in the process of doing disc 6 now, and so far no problems. On disc 5 though...it was saying like 132 retries. Retries on what?

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

I'm not experienced enough to help any further, but normally if it's 're-trying' then the disc may be damaged or scatched or even dirty.
    You could go into Decypters options and select 'aggressive', this is good for the above issues, if that is the problem that is.

5. dho74

dho74 Member

Hey there...thanks! I will try that as soon as this one is done!