1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems using DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by 420daze, Dec 28, 2004.

1. 420daze

420daze Member

I'm having trouble with burning using DVD decrypter.

I am pretty sure, the movie is under 4.3GB.

I ripped the movie to my hard drive but when I try to burn it, I cant access the Video_TS files, in which the movie is stored.

I can access the those TS files, when I go directly to the hard drive via control panel.

I tried to use Nero6 ultra to burn it and the TS Video files were there and I was able to access them. So I added all the files and hit burn, then got this message,"DVD video files compiance test failed. The resulting DVD might be unplayable. Do you want to continue?"

At first I didn't continue, due to fear of making another coaster but when I did it said, not enough space on the disc but the disc is 2hr and the movie's less than that.

Why cant I access the TS Video files when using DVD Decrypter?

Why is Nero saying the movie wont fit onto the disc?

What should I do?

Here are some of my specs:
    Dell Inspiron 600M laptop
    Memorex External DVD-+R,RW,R9,DL (drive)
    Nero6 Ultra
    DVD Decrypter
    DVD Shrink (had troubles here too, see previous post)
    Fuji DVD+R (media)

Thank you very much to all who reply!

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

OK. To start of I have replied to your other post, but you never returned to respond. I try one more time. I am not a great expert, but I if I can not help you others will join in.
    You need to step back and read some guides. DVD Decrypter uses .iso files not TS.
    Let's start from scratch. Open DVD Shrink, click on edit then select preferences. On that screen click on the drop down menu (DVD-5,DVD-9,custom) and select custom. Enter 4360 for MB. Click on Preview tab un-check enable video preview. Click on File I/O un-check enable burning w/Nero. Click on OK. Put a movie in and click on Open Disc. Shinrk will then do a quick analysis. The next screen should show the movie information. At this point you have more options, but do this for your first try. Click on Re-author, on the right click on the file under main movie and drag it to the left side. Click on compression settings, if it says 100% good, if not look down the audio, sub title list. Get rid of what you do not need. I just keep the AC3 5.1-ch English. Hope your compression is 70-100%.
    Now click on Backup! You will see the Backup DVD menu. On the drop down menu for backup target select ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter. Click on browse and pick a folder where you want the movie to be stored, otherwise it will go on the hard disk. You will have to go through My computer to get to the file. DVD Region tab check Region Free. Quality Settings- 100% no compression- no choice to make, otherwise you might want to select deep analysis. THIS will take a lot of time and CPU power, with 600M it will take awhile. Options tab, I would not run in low priority, you should not being anything else on your PC. Now click on OK. Go do something for the next hour(s).
    DVD Decrypter
    The Decrypter should open itself when Shrink finishes. If not open DVD Decrypter, click on Mode, select ISO, select Write W. On source Please select a file... click on the folder and go to the file you made earlier. Put in a blank DVD and click on the picture of a hard disc and DVD disc to write. Cross your fingers.

GET some RW discs, so if you screw up, you are not wasting a disc.
    Let me now how it goes.

3. 420daze

420daze Member

I am doing what you said, right now. I'll let you know how it goes in a bit. Thanks for those directions, they were very lucid.

4. 420daze

420daze Member

Just burned my first one, seems to not have any faults.
    Thanks again, for all your help. The instructions you gave me were awesome, even I couldn't F it up!
    Thanks to all of you on this site, who help guys like me figure things out.
    This is the best site on the net if you're having technical difficulties.

5. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Last piece of advise use quality media and keep your burn speed to 4X or less.

Now go and burn baby burn!