1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems using my wii after it has been in storage for a few years

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by hotchef, Jan 2, 2015.

1. hotchef

hotchef Member

My second generation of children want to play on my wii.

I think it is installed with a wii key but again we are going back to when the wii first came out when this was installed

The wii works and will play games via the disc drive.

But I want to get the hard drive working, I have a hard drive formatted to FAT32

in the root of the drive i have 4 folders
    apps/homebrew_browwser
    NeoGeo
    Sega Master
    wbfs/then lots of folders with wbfs folders in folders.

The usbconfig loader will not recognise the hard drive.

I am sure I have just copied the files before to a hard drive from my computer then it just found them and started.

Is there a specific way to config the usbloader or a file system within the wbfs folder?

Any help will be appreciated

regards

hotchef

2. Zymz

Zymz Member

Sometimes the usb loader will only work off a specific usb port, you could try restarting the loader while your usb drive is plugged into each port to test if that affects it.

You might also be able to grab a game manager like wii backup manager and use it it to verify the files or re-transfer them onto another drive, or copy these folders off the drive you are using and use the manager to copy them back on.

If the system was in storage a while, try dusting out the usb ports to make sure you are making a good connection with the port, hopefully a port didn't go bad or something, you could look into the setting of your loader and see if it lets you specify a port and work from there.

Additionally make sure that the drive isn't one of the newer 4 Terabyte + drives that requires greater power from the port since the Wii isn't capable of powering a drive to such requirements. Otherwise make sure everything is updated etc. etc.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015