1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems using toolame and TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by figure_09, Jul 18, 2003.

1. figure_09

figure_09 Member

Basically, the problem is that I can't convert this avi file into an mpeg using those programs. It would work if I didn't use toolame but the audio would not come out that well so i downloaded toolame from your site. At first, it seemed as if everything was going okay, and then an error box pops up, saying "Invalid mpeg audio stream", or something like that. I'm not sure if it helps, but the avi file originally has an AC3 audio encoding. Also, I tried using other programs such as Panasonic Mpeg Encoder but I hardly use that since whenever I encode an avi file with it, the mpeg always ends up being out of sync and this time it was no exception. Please help. I don't know how to figure out the program with toolame. Thanks.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Hi, linkin park fan?? lol

So, if the file has ac3 audio TMPGEnc doesnt support it. For ac3 audio your best option is DVD2SVCD with TMPGEnc as the encoder!

3. figure_09

figure_09 Member

The thing is, TMPGEnc is able to encode the file with AC3 audio, but like any other avi file it encodes, the audio always comes out poorly. The only problem that happens is when I add tooLame to it too. But if I use DVD2SVCD, would I still be able to encode an avi file into an mpeg? Because my whole purpose was to make vcd's and I don't even have a dvd drive on my computer. Thanks for the help, and yep, I am a big linkin park fan.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2003
  4. Dela

Well DVD2SVCD, can do avi2vcd, all you need to do is setupthe encoder on it. BeSweet actually is what does the audio and that rarely makes a mistake!

5. figure_09

figure_09 Member

Okay, I just installed DVD2SVCD but I'm not quite sure how to use it to convert an avi file into an mpeg file. This program is a bit overwhelming so please help. I basically looked around and there is no option for selecting an input avi file at all.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2003
  6. Dela

ill try to find a guide for ya, there was one but its gone!