1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems viewing some webpages

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by sehana, Jul 29, 2007.

1. sehana

sehana Member

problems viewing some webpages

Built PC [BPC1] & PC1 & PC2 & laptop [LP1]
    etrust internet security suite 2006
    browser: CrazyBrowser [ crazybrowser.com ]
    BPC1 uses Ethernet Cable to the router
    PC1 & PC2 is wirelessly connected to same router.
    laptop is not on same network.

no settings have been changed, happening for about 3-4 days now and it's really starting to bug me.

Some webpages are fine while others load really slow and when loaded, page view is really messed up. text properties are wrong, images don't show up & everything is in the wrong places. menu navigation is all over the place. it happenned before i started building BPC1.

some of the web pages that have problems. includes sub-pages also.
    newegg.com
    cnet.com
    us.gamespot.com

These pages also have problems on PC1 & PC2.
    all same security program
    all same browser

2. sehana

sehana Member

don't know where the edit button is, but..

sorry i forgot to mention that
    crazybrowser is just the main one that i use. but i have tried it on IE, firefox & slimbrowser. same results.

3. sehana

sehana Member

so here's whats up so far
    while trying to figure things out yesterday, i ran into somewhat another problem, more so annoyance.
    my middle mouse button stopped working as in to open pages in another window/tab. all browsers kept closing or would freeze.

i changed my firewall to the windows firewall. and i thought it worked, but then it went to exploded web pages again after about a minute or so.
    so i reverted back to using etrust.
    well i talked to my husband [cuz he is out of country at the moment] and he has the laptop with him and says that his is working fine.
    so i asked my husband what his etrust setting are and all the browsers which took a long time to do. but they are exactly the same.
    so what does it come down to?
    newegg & cnet would work once in a while, but then go back to problematic viewing, but gamespot is continually having problems showing up.
    any thoughts?

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I have never heard of crazybrowser, but if you just want to do normal surfing, get rid of it.

If you have the need for tabs, use Firefox.

5. sehana

sehana Member

i mainly use crazybrowser because of it's simplicity i guess. i don't have a need for plug-ins and skins. i don't use firefox because it doesn't show my web pages correctly like i want them to. i use IE sometimes but the tabs to me are way too big. i tried opera before but i didn't like it. so i just stuck with crazy browser. slimbrowser is much like crazyb, but loads a little slower.

6. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

I have the same problem too in terms of mouse freezing. Once in a while, my mouse suddenly stops and I have to restart my computer so that I can move the mouse cross air again. It sometimes annoys me...

Anyway, I would suggest having Firefox as your main internet browser coz its definitely safer than any other brower.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  7. sehana

sehana Member

this is what i'm getting

[​IMG]

i got this error as soon as my scroller button stop working.
    [stopped opening new windows/tabs from links]

it would need to close my browser. in IE it would freeze. i can't open up firefox.

how do i fix it?