1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems w/ dual booting

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by farrantch, Aug 23, 2007.

1. farrantch

farrantch Member

i softmodded my xbox using SID ( http://xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-183.html ). it boots up fine if you press the power button, but if you press the eject disc button, it goes to the screen where i installed the softmod (the first blue screen that u see and use to make backups). isnt it supposed to boot to the normal M$ dash? if it is, how do i fix it?

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

what dashbord did u install with it

3. farrantch

farrantch Member

i installed unleashx. then updated it.

4. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

how did you update it that never realy worked maby thats your problem if your trying to dual boot to get on xbox live just put the game in and
    go to the xbox option and u should be able to sign in
    if ur trying to make an account ur scrwed unless u have a freind that has an xbox that u can make one on and then transfer it with a mem card

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Use the AID disc to re-install the retail dash to C:\, your softmod dash is E:\!

6. farrantch

farrantch Member

im really not that worried about it, because it works fine how it is. i dont have xbox live so getting banned.....not happinin. i was just wondering why it was not booting correctly. and for some reason, the backups or whatever is running on the e: takes up lots of space. and another thing, when i try and load the microsoft dash from the unleash x dash, it says that it does not exist. why?

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Because the links that tell it where to go are all corrupt! Follow my previous advice!