1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems w new encryption types..

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Cman, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Cman

Cman Member

What's the story on the black video at the beginning of the movie? Is that some sort of trap that keeps you from progressing thru the movie?

Could someone tell me how to pick and delete the black part of the movie at the beginning before I use Shrink on it?

Thanks!!

2. xdragoon

xdragoon Member

i have no idea either, i cannot crack it myself..

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Cman:If you are talking about backing up The Grudge, you will have to edit out the beginning black background:

Dvd shrink/reauthor/main-movie only/Look at the view screen and select your start point where the statue of libery trademark exists. Click backup.

That's where I set my backup to start up at after screwing up my first attempt. After start point change,backup turned out perfect.

xdragoon,I am not sure if you meant the same question or trying to get shrink to get to this point "crc error".
    Download a free trial of anydvd, I had to use it to do THE GRUDGE.This background program will allow dvd shrink to rip it.
    http://afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvdrippers/anydvd.cfm

4. Cman

Cman Member

Tanx for the advice! I wonder why they would sabotage that part of the movie..

I can see this "War of the NCoders" going on and on and on until either someone makes the unbreakable code or they outlaw or include Uber DRM in all new Burners.. I guess the days of the chapters and trailers are done..

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

No problemo cman... Yep,it's a bunch of crap messing up the beginning of these movies.Wonder how much $ they paid for that special encryption.It only cost me 40 cents,lol

I usually take off some of the beginning crap for less compression,but not on that one.

I just make sure every backup I do get's tested on my reliable sony stand alone player.When it wouldn't play the Grudge using mxlrg-03 media,something was up.I have yet to watch any of my originals in the last 4 months-backups only.
    You'd be surprised how many people don't test them right away.
    Later

6. kjmuscles

kjmuscles Member

I got this with little black book and resident evil 2, I assumed it was from that new sony protection. I however didn't get it with the grudge, like you did. I wonder why? I was just skipping the 1st chapter on LBB and RE2, until I tried your trick and it works great, thanks.

7. xdragoon

xdragoon Member

hmm i'm having the same problem with harry potter 3... does dvd decryptor work? also, for the newest nero recode, can it edit the video or should i get shrink?

8. kjmuscles

kjmuscles Member

I would say there is no harm in you getting shrink and trying it, since it is free. All you have to do, is change the start point of the movie in shrink, and they seem to play fine in a dvd player. I haven't watched my harry potter 3 movie yet, now i am curious to see if that one is the same for me. I will check now.

9. kjmuscles

kjmuscles Member

Thats weird, I didn't get it with harry potter 3, it plays fine. I don't understand why we all don't get this problem with the same movie titles?

10. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey xdragoon, I only used dvd shrink and nero on that one. I didn't have anydvd back then.It was a dvd-9 movie so I used main movie only. I started it at the warner bros trademark,trying to save some compression.

That "black screen" before the movie just started popping up recently on these newer movies.

I have been hearing quite a few threads on members having trouble with the new anydvd program on older movies.Disabling anydvd usually fixed it.

I use dvd shrink on 99% of my backups along with nero to burn.Just the basic 6.0.0.18 does the job for me. Shrink does a hell of a job for me,with or without it's enhancements. You can't beat the price,FREE!

I don't mess around much with dvd decrypter. THose larger movies still have to be compressed to fit standard dvd-5 disc.So,nero and shrink for me-along with anydvd.

Here's some great guides for these programs: http://home.comcast.net?~bbmayo/index.html

11. xdragoon

xdragoon Member

thank you very much, i just wanted to make sure that i won't have the 3rd time disaster.
    I did use shrink for a while before i switched to recode because they are both alike (made by the same author) except recode automatically burns the dvd.

I actually think there is the new encryption on HP3 but its not as advanced since the dvd was printed earlier (a test production?). None of my dvd players can play it (include the phillips Divx certified one),they all show black screens like the "new" encryption. So, I'll use shirnk and reburn HP3. thanks a lot!

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

this black screen is found in "unreferenced material"!

use shrink to insert a still image instead of compression!