1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems w/ V600 and Kensington Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by skylr616, Mar 24, 2005.

1. skylr616

skylr616 Member

I am having some serious problems getting my PC to connect properly with my Motorola V600 Phone. I have tried several different versions of the Widcomm software (including the version on my driver CD and several versions "borrowed" from the internet) and the problem is always the same. I have scoured these forums and tried every fix you guys have recommended (although I haven't found any posts with quite the problem I am having).

I am able to pair with the phone but only get 4 services available for the phone (my T610 had like 6 or 7 services including, most importantly, COM services). The available services are OBEX Push, OBEX File, Dial UP, and Voice. I figured, eh, thats ok since I mostly only want to be able to transfer picture/audio/video to and from my phone. Unfortunately when ever I try to access the phone by OBEX File it gives me a communication error. I did get it to work briefly for like 10minutes, then I walked away for the phone and came back and had the same problem (and ever since).

I tried installing the Motorola Connect software, it worked for the brief time I could transfer files that I spoke of in the previous paragraph, then stopped working. Now I'm back at square one with being completely unable to access files on the phone.

I am assuming the issue is with the phone since I never had problems connecting with my T610, but I am damned if I can find a solution (the settings in the phone are shockingly lacking regarding bluetooth). Since no one else is having my particular problem I think I MUST be doing something wrong... I just can't seem to figure it out.

My Software Versions:
    Windows XP PRO SP2
    Kensington Blue Tooth Dongle (with CD Drivers)
    MSI Widdcomm 1.4.3.4 (latest I could find)
    Mobile Phone Tools 3.11

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

3. skylr616

skylr616 Member

Finally got it working... I just turned my phone off and pulled the battery out for a minute. I read somewhere on this forum that this helped, but I swear I did it once and it didn't work (maybe I didn't keep battery out long enough?!).

Anyways, working like a charm now.

Now I get to try to figure out a way to upload games (MPT, Mobiledit, and Widcomm won't allow me to transfer jad or jar files into my phone).

Is there any way to get PKTools to work over Bluetooth so I can enable Java (and maybe delete a bunch of the junk default media on the phone)?

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

P2Ktools wont work via bluetooth, and to enable the java app loader u need the usb data cable....

5. skylr616

skylr616 Member

WOOHOO! I just discovered how to transfer games to my Motorola V600 Phone through Bluetooth (and through Widcomm Software!).

Just open up your phones services and drag and drop your jad/jar files right onto "OBEX Object Push" (not OBEX File Transfer as you would think). Your phone will ask to wether you want to install or not as soon as it is recieved.

This rox!!! Games, Video, Audio, and Pictures all through bluetooth (woohoo!). I might still get a USB cable to Flash up to the V620 for improved performance (and to remove some of the default junk).

WoooHOOOOO! :p

6. skylr616

skylr616 Member

You only need the .jar file to install onto phone, no worries generating a .jad file if you use bluetooth to transfer... not sure why it works this way and not over USB without the jad. weird...

7. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

glad to hear that :D