1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems w/WinDVD Creator 2

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jeanfish, Aug 27, 2004.

1. jeanfish

jeanfish Member

I have a Plextor M402U Digital Video Converter which will ONLY work with WinDVD Creator. I have had sooooo many problems with WinDVD Creator! I want to capture directly to a DVD and even now, after following and applying Plextor's recommendations/changes, I have the following problems:
    - advertised that it supports my burner (TEAC DV-W58E 8X)DVD +R (I've tried different brands of +R media, but the program still aborts!), will only record to a DVD +RW.
    - formatting a +RW disc freezes up the program, but works (have to reboot my system).
    - have to reboot after every capture/burn or the program aborts looking for a specific memory location.
    - WinDVD5 will not play the newly recorded DVD and aborts.
    - the new DVD plays fine on my PC using Dell Media Experience or RealPlayer, but when I play it in my other DVD players, the audio starts to skip and gets out of sync with the picture!

Anyone have a clue what I should do?? I have a new XP system and haven't had a problem copying my DVD's using DVD Decryptor! I've applied all the latest updates, uninstalled programs that I thought might be causing a conflict, and disabled auto start of programs/services. Please HELP!!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Why not use WinDVD Creator to Just capture the Video and use something else to author the Captured file to DVD...I have used "DVDLab" with captured Mpeg2 files and it had no problems with the Files.....

3. jeanfish

jeanfish Member

Minion, thanks for the reply.

I guess that I am just a glutton for punishment, but more than that, it is the principal of the thing! In the interest of saving a lot of time, I want to capture/record directly to a +R DVD (I have a lot of VHS tapes to backup!) and I bought the package specifically because of this advertised functionality!

If you can believe it, InterVideo gave me the same recommendation (before they refused to help me because their software was packaged with the Plextor converter!). I was just hoping that someone else had had a similar problem and could point me in the right direction to get it fixed!