1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with 123 Copy DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ebhij, Mar 26, 2005.

1. ebhij

ebhij Guest

At first we were able to backup our DVDs with 123 Copy DVD but then it stopped working. We have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it several times with no luck. Has anyone had this same problem and been able to fix it?

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Do you get any kind of errors? Or does it just not do anything?

There are Better FREE alternatives for backups. DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. There are guides available if you look a bit....

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

even clonedvd ver 2 + Slysofts Anydvd is a better option to that of what you are using

4. ebhij

ebhij Guest

No errors. It acts like it is copying the dvd and even says when it is finished but then the copied dvd does not play in the dvd player- we get an error message when trying to play it.

5. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Ahhh, error in the DVD player..... What brand of discs are you using?

6. ebhij

ebhij Guest

memorex dvd+R. however, we were successfully able to use these discs in the beginning. then we did an update on the program and it hasn't worked since then.

7. blackjet

blackjet Guest

I purchased this program 6 months ago and could never get it to work.

8. ILHS86

ILHS86 Regular member

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

this is a story that keeps on recurring.The discs worked great initially but now they dont.Maybe get a couple of other brands like tdk, ritek, taiyo yuden, etc and see if these can eleviate your problem as well as the update supplied by ILHS86

10. ebhij

ebhij Guest

Andmerr, I apologize if I sound totally illiterate :) but when going to the site given by ILHS86, I get a site for DVDxCopy... is that the same as 123 CopyDVD? and where do I find the update?

11. zippyd

zippyd Active member

No they aren't the same....
    this is the site for your software if I'm correct....
    http://www.123copydvd.com/

Honestly there are better alternatives(FREE)....I was a sucker for 123 copy dvd when I first tried burning dvds. It ended up being a waste as my drive wasn't even supported. I stumbled on AD and found DVD Shrink and couldn't be more pleased....
    I am with andmerr....buy some better media and see what happens. Memorex uses multiple suppliers and some are good but others suck. So one pack may work 100% and another will be 75% failures....

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thanks zip , i have been diverted at the moment with external issues .I was coming back to answer this thread but see you have done it for me.

Thanks again

andmerr