1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with a dvr-108

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by DraTs, Oct 6, 2004.

1. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Ok guys, a couple weeks ago I purchased a dvr-108 drive. It worked great for a while, dvd x copy would take about 25 minutes to read, and 15 to burn, dvd decrypter would take about 30 minutes to rip and decode, etc. Now the other night all of a sudden in the middle of a rip, it suddenly decided to take forever and rip only at 1.4x- 1.6x. Also, it takes forever to burn too. I went to the newest firmware, and it went up to ripping at about 4x, then I went to the RPC firmware and it went back down to 1.6x, then even when I tried to go back to the official firmware, 1.6x. Any ideas here?

2. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Oh yeah, another issue is it seems in programs that show me how much of the buffer is filled, it seems to stay at teh bottom, get up a ways, then drop back down.

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Sounds like your Pioneer 108 is stuck in PIO mode rather than DMA...

This is common caused by a 'suspect' disc that contains errors during the read/rip process.

Go into Device manager, Hardware, IDE Controller, then look at your device and see if it set for DMA, but showing PIO underneath.
    If it is, then uninstall the IDE controller that your burner is connected to, reboot and windows should re-install it, then check it again and it should be back to DMA mode.........this will put things back to normal again......

You should not have reflashed your firmware BEFORE this is done as the fault points to a windows issue rather than your burner and you run the risk of damaging your burner via a bad flash............
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG] [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  4. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Ah, well actually, I reformatted and everything works awesome lol. I had other problems like my network wouldnt let people access my computer even when sharing was on and stuff like that, but still. Would have been helpful instead of doing stuff i was doing at slow speeds.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

At least you know it wasn't a hardware failure......LOL..............