1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with a game

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by mohame, Apr 16, 2003.

1. mohame

mohame Guest

Ok hi all, im new to afterdawn... this is my first post i'd like to solve my problem
    and my problem is...:

okay i reently downloaded age of mythology
    the file name is FLT-AM2A.iso.exe and FLT-AMA2b.iso.exe. i have removed the .exe then with isobuster exrtacted the imagefile then burned it to cds.After all that i have installed the game and all but when the game wana load it says "please insert disk 1 and then restart application" ok i know that all of u will tell me to go to crack then play the game but when i open the crack file it says to me "Could not find Rockalldll.dll" im like wtf! when im gona find that file is that because i dowbloaded a corrupted copy or not burned correcly? plz help if u know what's my problem thnx. and Moderator dont close my topic plz it's not about the crack file

2. mohame

mohame Guest

i forgot to tell what burner i have have ..
    i have an TEAC-CDW58E and can read an max of 8x

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I don't know what FLT did to the image, but if the Disk is protected you should not be able to use the Isobuster 'extract and burn' method. Even if the game is patched, the CD-check will be spoiled by an Isobuster 'extract and burn' method.

Which is the size (in bytes) ot the image file? Which is the game name? Army Man and AOM are protected by Safedisc2.

In thise cases you should burn it RAW DAO with Alcohol (Datatype=Safedisc2 burn setting) and cross your fingers.

Read the 'Backup protect CD' thread on the main page
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699

Last edited: Apr 17, 2003
  4. mohame

mohame Guest

Alcado why do i need to backup and downl;oaded files the game is aom but is should use the backup mthod with all downloaded files? plz help

5. mohame

mohame Guest

anyone replay to my qeustion?

6. volskid

volskid Member

hey, i recently had this problem with the downloaded AOM, but i got mine to work. here how:
    1. mount the first image on the virtual from Alcohol 120%
    2. when it asks for the second disk, unmount the disk 1, then click mount image and select disk2. it should autmatically resume installing.
    3. after installion you will need to restart.
    4. update your AOM to version 1.04
    5. go to [bold]deleted by moderator[/bold] and download the no-cd fix ****
    6. follow the directions and then you can play.

P.S. right now i am making a tutorila with pictures and will be doen in like 30 min.

the website is
    http://www.geocities.com/volskid2002/AOM.html

Last edited: Apr 20, 2003
  7. mohame

mohame Guest

hehhe hrmmm... ur site only says step 1 get alchool but there's nothing else :)

8. volskid

volskid Member

i have to updat eit

i will later

9. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Sorry volsdkid, your method includes cracking and is against forum rules. I hade to delete the site you provided. Posting similar advices will forced the staff to ban you (I did not wrote those rules, but I am forced to obey them, as you do).

To mohame: you have to apply the 'protected CD backup...' only to protected CDs (90% of them, in those days). You have to detect the protection (using ClonyXXL on mounted images), first, then you have to use a 'protected CD backup' if the CD is protected.

Please note that volskid method (install by mounting on virtual drive, then patch the game) is a very good method, but strongly relies on Alcohol's 'protection emulation' feature.

That is: you'll be able to do that as long as Alcohol 'protection emulation' is able to 'cheat' the protection. When your version of Alcohol will be 'blacklisted' by the next patch (version) of the software, you probably will not be able to do that again.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2003
  10. mohame

mohame Guest

hi alcado , you gotta understand that my game is not cd it's a downloaded ISO file from a sharing program.

Please explain me what backup can make to the file i downloaded. It will make it work without a no -cd crack? im sorry if im idiot but im new to all thoses things.