1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with a PS2 game

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Firebolt, May 19, 2004.

1. Firebolt

Firebolt Guest

Well I have Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. It is new. I was going to use it when it suddenly started to make weird noises and the game never started. Why did that happened??
    Does it has anything to do with it being a compact disk rom??

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

is this an orignal or a backup copy

3. Firebolt

Firebolt Guest

It's an original.

4. Firebolt

Firebolt Guest

Thanks for the links. Now I know is a V5-V6 version. The model number is 30001.

If I buy that swap magic thing, will I be able to play Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets?

Because sometimes the game works(1 time every 50 I try). A year ago it worked with no problems(I had rented it from Blockbuster). But then, I buyed it and it started malfunctioning.

Will that swap magic thing allow me to play the game??

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

swap magic is a boot disc that allows you to boot games from a different reigon(eg nstc usa game on pal europe ps2)and boot backup games in combination with either the slide card or flip top.I dont think it will help you for your problem as it seems that your ps2 is having problems reading the disc you could try cleaning the disc and check it for bad scratches alternatly your ps2 laser may need to be cleaned check out this link http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/laserPS2.htm

6. Firebolt

Firebolt Guest

Thanks there for that info.
    Let's hope it works.