1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with Alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'PS2' started by scarface9, Feb 29, 2004.

1. scarface9

scarface9 Member

I already read a whole bunch of articles but none had my problem. Can you tell me what i am doing wrong?
    Step 1: Click Copy Wizard
    Step 2: Select DVD Rom drive/ Select NEVER SEPARATE, Next
    Step 3: Write in image name and location, Next
    Step 4: This is the problem, I cant select anything except the Write box, The Delete after recording, and Simulation boxes. What am I doing wrong? I am using the trial version.

2. roryoss

roryoss Member

im new to this and using the Alcohol 120 trial version ,ive tried 2 games one with safe 2.4 and one with 3.4 do i choose the datatype as safeDisc 2/3 does this cover both!! when the dump starts it is so slow it seems it would take hours to complete and there many error messages showing up !! using a athlon 64 with a nec dvd_rw nd2500A 40x and sony dvd/cd at 40x it seems too slow even when i try to burn directly without the dump !! any advice on the errors or speed or if it will even work would be appreciated!! Thanx

3. roryoss

roryoss Member

went to device manager and opened up the properties for sony dvd ddu 1621 and nec dvd_rw nd2500A and it showed regions should i one was region one but i could choose a country do i need to do that also no country was selected it also shows only a limited number of changes possible //any advice on if this could be my problem????????

4. c22shoot

c22shoot Member

hi these errors are normal for the safedisk protection. backing up safedisk is very dependant on your reader;s abilities. go to the alcohol forum and search for "fast dump" this will speed up your backup.

5. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

when you say you write in the image name and location are you choosing the name and location to save to or writing in the name of the game and the location of the dvd drive?, 'cause 120 is asking you to save not the location of what you want to copy.

if that's not it then I'm not sure.

6. roryoss

roryoss Member

2 different things i created a folder to dump/copy the disc to be copied //// the other is in the properties of the dvd/cd player and the nec dvd writer it has either region1 or which is US i think cause i could play a dvd but the nec dvd recorder has no region selected and then a pull down list of countries and i figure i should choose united states but i says i can only change it twice and then it cant be changed even if i reinstall windows or move the device to another machine??????????