1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with AnyDvd 6.1.0.7

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by MdrnGirl, Jan 18, 2007.

1. MdrnGirl

MdrnGirl Member

Okay, so I've downloaded the new update from AnyDvd a couple days or so ago and now I'm at version 6.1.0.7. I've backed up 2 movies and they will NOT play in my home dvd player!!! I know that it has nothing to do with 1clickdvdcopy which I have, so it must have to do with AnyDvd and this new update they did to it. I've had problems in the past w/AnyDvd but I've managed to find tips on how to maneuver around the settings and get things working properly. Now I just can't find any information, because I don't know if I'm the only one who's having this problem. Can anyone please help me as to why I am not able to play back the dvd? It works fine in my computer though. I love AnyDvd and that they update it so much, but gosh...sometimes one update can really frustrate the heck out of me.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

and you are useing dvd shrink with this? have you tryed geting a hold of slysoft support about this problem? also will the dvd's play on your system that you backed the movies with? have you tryed playing the disks on any other player besides the one that you are having trouble with? also did you get a msg saying that it was a good burn?are the disks that you are talking about +r or -r ? will your player play both formats?

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

What DVD release are you trying to copy? And yes, it could be the 1ClickDVDCopy. AnyDVD did it's job when it made the DVD playable on your recording equipment. There's been copy protection introduced for a while now that AnyDVD by itself can't remove and it causes faulty copies. AnyDVD is saying to use their CloneDVD2. You can download and try the trial. If it was me, I'd download and try the DVDFabDecrypter. It's free and been working with almost all the movies. It takes the new 3060 Beta to do Saw 3 properly though. A personal freeware setup that has been doing everything is RipIt4Me http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html .

When you tell us which DVD it is, we'll know more about what you're up against.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  4. MdrnGirl

MdrnGirl Member

I was trying to back up Gridiron Gang and Texas Chainsaw Masscare: The Beginning. Before this, I've been pretty successful at backing up movies onto Dvd+R and playing them on my newest DvD player that's about about 2 yrs old. However, w/these 2 movies I did try them on an older Dvd Player and they worked for some reason. They do play on my computer that does the burning for me. I'm not using Dvd shrink...I'm sorry, but I don't know what that is. I've never considered anything else but Any Dvd, but any information that will help me I'd appreciate. Maybe it's the movies I'm trying to back up?

5. MdrnGirl

MdrnGirl Member

Yes, I did get a message that the burn was successful. Everything, from the writing, to the burning process was as normal as usual.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If it worked for some reason on one player and not on another, that indicates it may be a problem with media compatibility with the players. This may cause you to do some research, so look to the glossary and ask questions in the Newbie section if you have problems. Booktyping +R to DVD ROM helps with compatibility issues. Using DVD Identifier (freeware) will tell you if your brand is using a different manufacturer. Differnt media effects the firmware of standalone players as well as PC drives. The easiest thing to do is get one of the newer players that plays about everything round. I picked up a Philips for about $60 at Wal Mart that fits the bill for me. Before you go buying though, try to play your disc in some new drives. Hopefully you have some friends and family with some drives you can try out. Don't want to waste money if there's no need. ;)

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

By the way, check out RipIt4Me. It's a freeware setup that only takes up about 3 or 4MB on your system and has been doing all the new releases. It consists of DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, and FixVTS along with the macro RipIt4Me (RI4M). Here's the link to the official guide and everything is freeware. I'd suggest giving it a try. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

8. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

If you have anydvd, just keep it updated and it'll be all you'll ever need. Also, remember that anydvd comes with a ripper that can also help (right click on the red fox and choose rip video-dvd to hard disk).

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

johnl123
    The ripper in AnyDVD incorporates an older version of FixVTS. It's not as good as properly using the AnyDVD along with DVD Decrypter and then using a later version of FixVTS. Also, Slysoft says that for best results with AnyDVD, especially with the newer and heavier copy protection, a user needs to use their CloneDVD2. That's another retail program to buy. I hate to keep honking its horn, but RI4M does as good or better and is completely free. I own them all, so I can speak from personal experience as well as note what's been stated on the forums.

10. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@MdrnGirl

Based on what you've stated, it appears to be a media/player compatibility issue, read the manuals of your players to find out what media is recommended and only use the media type common to both. Worst case, experiment, try different media to find what your players like and stick to it.

@PacMan777

I too own all of slysoft's products (bought them all and some others), and can upto this point say there's nothing better for the money, the ripper is just an added benefit reguardless of what version of FixVTS is used and was mentioned because not all anydvd users are aware it's there.

Yes, anydvd works best with clonedvd2, but when used properly with DVD decrypter or DVD shrink (both free), it can and does work equally as well. I also use anydvd with nero recode2 and have had excellent results as well, never any problems with the combo yet (I prefer recode2 over clonedvd2, it takes longer but the picture quality is slightly better).

DVDFab and ripit4me are great for those who are looking for the free option/s and I've always highly recommended them, [bold]but my point above was to state that if you own anydvd and keep it updated, most of the time it's all you'll ever need because it can be used with Shrink and DVD decrypter with great/good results.[/bold] In MdrnGirl case, anydvd will and should always work just fine with 1click dvd copy (especially since it incorporates CPRx technology for copying new DVD movies, no need to use anything else (free or not).

For me, having anydvd and using ripit4me (or DVDFab) would be nothing more than a diverision/curiosity.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It was a bit more than a diversion for me. Some of the new more heavily copy protected DVDs are causing problems for AnyDVD except for movie only. Maybe they'll get it right. But at present I can do those movies in full disc with RI4M processed files. I only use it for ripping and the Shrink for testing for compliance. I use RB for quality encodes and burn with Nero. So I only use RI4M for the first part of the backup process. However it's the most important. From a good set of files, most any transcoder or encoder can finish the task.

In the past I'd relied almost solely on AnyDVD for decryption, but with the recent events, I've gained more respect for RI4M.

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

MdrnGirl
    Check out all the software mentioned including what johnl123 suggested. It doesn't hurt to keep the programs I mentioned loaded just in case. They're very small, only about 3 to 4MB, plus they're free. AnyDVD and CloneDVD are about 4 times larger. Check them out and make up your own mind.

The one thing that johnl123 appears to agree with me on is the media compatibility issue. You will need to check into that. Let us know how it's going and good luck.

13. MdrnGirl

MdrnGirl Member

Thank you two for your input! I will probably download RipIt4me sometime tomorrow.

I just wanted to mention something. I've been using the same exact media (DVD+R by Sony w/the same exact write speed on it) and have been playing ALL of my previous burned movies on my dvd player and they've all worked. The media compatibility shouldn't be an issue at all. Plus, this dvd player is pretty new...like I said, I bought it about a year ago (not 2, as I've mistakenly stated before). Those 2 movies that I've stated before would not play on this new dvd player, but will play on a much older dvd player that's probably 4 1/2 yrs old. Now that I simply don't understand. That just proves to me that having a newer dvd player doesn't mean anything in this case. It's really frustrating...I'm just hoping they update Anydvd again, and maybe that would fix the problem. I only say that, because I've had an issue w/one of their updates before.

Thanks for all your help. I wish that I were as tech-savvy as all of you!

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

To check out the problem and see if it's the software, use a different setup. AnyDVD and CloneDVD is one option. RI4M would be the one I suggest. I've been having good luck with it when other software has failed or not worked as well as I wanted.