1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with audio on newly created MKV to DVD

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by fatimaand, Jan 27, 2007.

1. fatimaand

fatimaand Member

Hi, I am having a bit of a problem with encoding some mk files that I have.

Now, I am currently using TMPGEnc 3.0 as my encoding software. I have been able to burn perfect DVD videos of rahXephon using this software. now my problem is that I can't get the correct language to play on this new anime series I wish to convert to DVD.

When I convert, the video has no problem, nor does the audio. It's just the audio is in Japanese which I don't understand. Now there are options within my codecs to show or hide subtitles, and also to change the language from Japanese to English. But no matter what i try, everytime I encode, the video comes out only in Japanese audio, and there are no options I can use to change the language. I can view the episode in English on my computer after changing the setting on my codec, but I can't change it when it encodes. Any help would be appreciated.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Could always author with English subs. Otherwise probably the easiest is to drop the file in mmg and remux with just the English audio, then convert that.

3. fatimaand

fatimaand Member

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I am fairly new to encode, and I don't know what anything that you said means:p

Could you explain how to do that, or tell me where to go to figure that out? Thanks again

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

mmg = mkvmergegui and it comes with mkvtoolnix.