1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with back ups in progressive scan dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kevnjenn, Sep 15, 2004.

1. kevnjenn

kevnjenn Member

Hi I am having problems with my back'd up dvd's when trying to play them in my JVC progressive scan DVD Player. These same back ups play perfect on my non progressive scan Hitachi on my normal tv. Both DVD players are compatable with the DVD-R format blanks I am using. These are copies made with DVD Shrink that have not been compressed. Some have been re-authored so they remain at 100 percent. I am using Maxell media which i have never had any problems with in the past. On the progressive scan player they get pixelated, jumpy, freeze and problems with consistant audio. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Kevin

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The playback problem you have is usually caused by poor quality media. However since they play on one player and not on the other is somewhat strange. I would still try a different brand media first. Maybe Ritek or Verbatim, both very good choices and see if the problem clears up. If it still shows up I would think maybe a problem with the progressive scan player.

Jerry

3. kevnjenn

kevnjenn Member

Thnaks for your input Jerry

I will try other media and see if this solves my problems. The progressive scan player is 2 weeks old and plays the original movies perfect. Very strange but thanks again for the sugestion.

Kevin