1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with back ups of PS2, using Swap magic 2.0

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PackerFan, Apr 15, 2004.

1. PackerFan

PackerFan Member

Hello. My problem is I;ve backed up a few games, and they start, but get really choppy from the start. The sound cuts in and out, and the video is SLOW. The strange thing is the same backup works on my brothers PS2 just fine.?????? I do have an older PS2, but Madden 2004 and MVP 2004 work flawlessly on mine, but 007, and SSX3 wont. I have a Sony burner, use Alcohol 120 or Dvd Dicrypter on Memorex DVD-R. I read and burned at Max (4x). What is the problem? The first day I recieved my Swap Magic disk I used the slide card and all with Soul Calibur 2, and it worked. Now that disk won't work in mine or my brothers. Please share some thoughts.

2. sobhy2406

sobhy2406 Regular member

dont burn at max burn at 1x dont use memorex use verbatrim,ritek or sony dvd-r or maybe is your laser what version is it

3. evo_supra

evo_supra Member

Oh i had a similiar problem but i solved them with a simple boot method.

1)Load the 'Swap Magic CD 3.0' disc until it comes to the menu screen.

2)'EJECT' and place in an 'Official PS2 DVD Demo'(one thats packed full of games and videos)

3)After its 'Refreshed' the whole screen and its back to the menu, 'SWAP' the disc using the slide tool with your backup i.e SSX

Hope that helps. If it doesnt then either try instead another Demo disc or a huge Official game like GTA Vice City, Devil May Cry, FFX2 etc. If you still come up troubled with those games ive mentioned then it could be your laser then if its old, it cant be the discs if it works on your bro's.