1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Backing up Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jax0r, Apr 1, 2005.

1. jax0r

jax0r Guest

Hey people,

I have nooo idea what is the go with this, but I have tried backing up and burning a couple of my games but I cannot get them to work properly 100%. I use swap magic in my slim ps2, and I have some disks that work pretty much flawlessly and some that.. erm, don't.

Whenever I try and burn in alcohol 120% or DVD decrypter my PC locks up and I have to reset, when I burn in Nero it doesn't work... I have tried changing the burn modules in DVD Decrypter to ASAPI, The CloneDVD one and the default, and all produce the same result.

I have also tried swapping my media, I got Ritek G05's today, and I cannot determine whether I actually want these, or if G04's are the better ones... someone please shed some light on that, and I also have some OPTODISCR004's which don't work too well in my ps2. Can somebody please tell me what media I want for my ps2 as I really am losing faith in this hole thing :|

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

There are many different Ritek Ridata's made, such as, Ritek Ridata GO2, Ritek Ridata GO3, Ritek Ridata GO4, Ritek Ridata GO5, Ritek Ridata M02, and so on.

The best by far are the G03 and G04 Ritek Ridata's. If you get any other type, you might as well order some cheap memorex's or Imations as they are right around the same quality, which is not very good.

I use VERBATIM they own (MCC) now.
    They are great for ps2 games.

http://www.geocities.com/modchipzone/dvdmediaguide1.htm