1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with BOOT.ELF

Discussion in 'PS2' started by smallbro, Jan 25, 2005.

1. smallbro

smallbro Member

I have sucessfully modded my PS2 with the memory card exploit. It currently boots up with PS2menu as default (obviously renamed to BOOT.ELF) but i would rather boot straight to HDLoader/HDAdvance. (I have now created links to ftp & iso upload with HDL_dumb - making PS2Menu seem fairly defunct now) If i ftp to the memory card and replace the boot.elf with hdloader.elf or hdadvance.elf and again rename to boot.elf the PS2 boots but hangs at a black screen. Am i missing some additional files or is this perhaps an issue with the region. My PS2 is PAL.

N.B i have also tried the above by recreating the exploit CD but the same problem occurs.

Any help would be apreciated as this would be the final stage for my modded PS2

2. smallbro

smallbro Member

I have been looking around and it seems L-Burner discussed this is the main exploit thread i.e boot directly to Hdloader and found a file but appears to be NTSC. Also the HD loader FAQ says you can simply rename it to boot.elf?

3. smallbro

smallbro Member

Thanks (to myself) I got it working.