1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with burning dvdrips with nerovision

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jo2thenah, Aug 13, 2007.

1. jo2thenah

jo2thenah Member

hi,i downloaded this axxo torrent and it's around 701mb when i use nerovision express 2 and choose create dvd, the file suddenly becomes 5.05 gb! why is that? and a message says:
    Your project currently exceeds the capacity of a normal DVD, but still fits onto a DVD-9 disc.

Do you want to have the project quality reduced automatically so that your project will fit into the available space?

i say ok, but then it says i have to reduce it manually, how do i do that? help please!

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

The original file is an mpeg4 within an AVI container in all likelihood. Nerovision is converting the mpeg4 to the DVD compliant mpeg2 format. MPEG4 is a more highly compressed video format than MPEG2 so the conversion results in a much larger file.

You can adjust the video quality settings to reduce size by clicking the More>> button, the Video Options button, and then the DVD-Video tab. You should then see a Quality Settings menu.

You can also save the Nerovision DVD9 result as a folder of video files and then run it through Nero Recode or DVD Shrink to compress to fit a DVD5.

3. jo2thenah

jo2thenah Member

it worked!!! finally! i've been trying to burn this stupid movie for 2 days! THANK YOU!

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

You're welcome.