1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with burning

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by weck89, Feb 3, 2005.

1. weck89

weck89 Member

I have been burning for about a year now.I have a lite on soho 811s and I was using dvd x copy xpress with anydvd43. it was working fine until 321 studios shut down.I down loaded a patch and it started working again.But after awhile it gave me trouble.It burned the movie but made it flutter or skip.so i bought icopydvds2 it worked once in awhile so i downloaded anydvd to . it would burn once in awhile or make the movie flutter.I tried clonedvd2 and roxio they worked but they fluttered to . could it be my burner. what should i do please help.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Movie fluttering with different programs to rip and burn?

Points to a media issue.

What brand of media,format,and how fast are you trying to burn?

Many possibilities: paper labels,burning too fast,poor quality media,fragmented hard drive, and multitasking-just to list a few.

Do you view those backups on a stand alone player or on your Pc?. Make sure they are viewable on your pc,the drive that burned it should play it ok.

3. weck89

weck89 Member

I have been using greatAZO 4x dvd+r for a while and havent had any trouble.no paper labels.burn at 4x. my burner is external sohw 812s lite on . I have a 2.4 pent 4 with 60 gig hard drive 20 gig free.512 meg ram.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

same as saugmon! media! bad batch even dirty lense?

get some ritek!

5. weck89

weck89 Member

well guys I tried the new dvds and cleaned lense with dvd cleaning cd and it still flutters and pauses.

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey weck89,download this free handy program to get the mfg codes from those great azo's: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm

Let us know what that code is.

I have seen ads for "GREAT AZO" media but was always a little skeptical.

Did you try burning at 2.4X?

You tried new dvd's, what brand were they?

Is there a certain spot it flutters/skips? like at the end,middle, or beginning of the movie or does it flutter at random spots?

Playing those backups on your pc, How do they look?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  7. weck89

weck89 Member

it flutters at random,but mainly in middle or end.i notice that it has a pause to.i got ridata by ritek

8. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Run some of your old media you have burned threw nero disk quality test or simular program. greatAZO 4x this media is very very bad I ordered 100 of them and atleast 50 my burner at the time sony DRU510A would not even reconize them. Your manufactor of your burner should have media they have tested listed on there website if not use Verbatium or Tiyo yuden. And yes your burner could be going bad are you using your burner to read disk or another drive. Try using your burner to read and write. I would also suggest using DVD decrypter and DVD shrink drop the xcopy, I've ran both xcopy does not compare to the other 2 programs.

spacedust

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

ok,

i would totally start over! rip the dvd with dvd decrypter then use shrink to compress, and set shrink to burn with dvd decrypter .

then let us know!

10. weck89

weck89 Member

the DVD Decrypter is not aloud to be down loaded in US.what should i do

11. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Just highlight,outside usa and germany. You are no longer a citizen of the USA according to cyberspace,lol

If you click "usa",then you'll keep going around in circles, Now if you click outside usa, you have now defected,thus you are allowed to use dvd decrypter.LOL

Later

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

not sure what to say then? try shrink but its outdated compared to decrypter

13. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello again spacedust.
    I had to download dvd decrypter after an ice storm took 1 gig of my ram.It also happened to be the new version. I live in ohio,USA, so I had to click,"not resident of usa or germany".It then allowed me to download it. When I clicked resident of germany or usa, It wouldn't let me download,kept taking back to the previous page.

It's a handy program to have,but dvd shrink and nero do nearly all my backups.Anydvd running in the background also helps out dvd shrink.

Good Luck and download that fine free program!

14. weck89

weck89 Member

how is roxio easy cd creator 7