1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Burnout 3 and other double check security games. Help!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by zxcvvcxz, Sep 15, 2004.

1. zxcvvcxz

zxcvvcxz Member

Hi,

I have a US v5. PS2 with a no solder mod (swap with Gameshark 2). I've been having some trouble with a recent string of backups recently. Currently Burnout 3 doesn't work and True Crime, James Bond Everything or Nothing, and Tony Hawk Underground have not been working. When I swap the game in I get a black screen. I've tried to boot through the Cdloader program (unfortunately the Cdloader itself only boots 30% of the time) but when I swap (via EA method) from the Cdloader to any of these games I still get the black screen. Sometimes the CDLoader swap bizarrely kicks me out of to the PS2 memory manager! I don't actually have the Swapmagic CD and I've been using Metal Gear Solid: Substance for the TOC refresh.

Is there any other method to boot these games or to defeat the double check security protection? Does it make sense to try the DVDLoader or is it the same thing as Cdloader? Any suggestions are sincerely appreciated!!!!

2. $$$$

$$$$ Member

dvd loader, 5v3 no pn

3. zxcvvcxz

zxcvvcxz Member

Are there any versions of CDloader that allow for 5v3 no pn? Or do you have to use DVDLoader. Thanks very much!

4. hawk123

hawk123 Guest

Is it possible to get this game going using Gameshark 2 and a NEO 2.2. I usually use the following method:

• Insert AR2/GS2
    • Power down console, wait 5 sec, and restart console by pressing and holding reset. (Dont let go)
    • After GS2 completely loads, swap with original dvd game.(high TOC)
    • Wait about 15 sec and select Gameshark codes (or ar2 codes) and turn on or off any code on any game.
    • Press start, select with codes and press x to load game.
    • You will see a black screen saying "updating codes please wait" at this time release the reset button, tray will eject, swap with backup, tray closes and game loads.

I am getting a black screen when I do this. I know DVDR work since I have used them before, I am using GTA3 original.

What would the steps be to get this working. I'm not sure exactly how to use the DVDloader if that is the case which I have also tried by changing the settings to 5v3 no pn but it is saying invalid disc.

Can anyone provide steps on how I could get this working. Thanks

5. $$$$

$$$$ Member

you need dvd loader

6. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

I am also having problems with burnout 3, Star Wars Battlefront, and Shellshock nam 67 on the hdadvance hard drive. I havent tried the swap disks yet with the 5v3 bla bla thing (i know thats what you have to use with true crime).

7. knapptown

knapptown Member

I just backed up Burnout 3 using decrypter and burned it onto 8x memorex media -r @ 1x and played it last night. I made a flawless copy so I don't think you need cd/dvdloader in order to play this game because I have that as well but didn't use it to play. I have a v4 with flip-top and using the swap magic disk. I hate being that f*cker that got it to work when several people are having problems, so if you're still having troubles with it let me know. All I did was iso-read, then iso-write at 1x, used swap magic dvd and voila! That's just for burnout 3, I haven't tried the others.

8. Leximus

Leximus Member

Having all the same probs with these games and a few more newer 1's using AR2. Battlfront, Star Ocean, THUG 2, XIII, Burnout 3 and prob a couple more.

(the solution to True Crimes however - can be booted after swapping using AR2 - select a game with a minimal set of active codes and choose to boot 'with codes' - like Tomb Raider - should boot)

Tried all the cdloaders etc - got the new 1 and cogswaplooader - still no joy. Booted to black screen.

With the previous release of Cdloader - tried the 5v3 pn etc thing and still no joy as at no point would cdloader validate my original dvds with full TOC.

I assumed it was an issue with my PS2 or using AR2, but am getting a Swap Magic in the next few days which might resolve the issue.

Otherwise, I'm at a loss! No burner to try re-burn either. Should have 1 soon though.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  9. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

I have not had a problem when I back up to a DVD-R, but I too suffer from the black screen when trying to run Burnout 3, etc... I use HDLoader.

I wonder if the new HDAdvance 2.0 would be compatable? hmmmm. I will probably get another HD and the HD Advance for giggles (seeing as it is super easy to swap them)

10. Leximus

Leximus Member

OK - just got sorted a Swap Magic disk dirt cheap.

Solved all my problems - it was infact not my PS2 - it was that bloddy AR2. Didn't work with any of the cdloaders or anything properly.

Only issue now is;

Star Wars Battlefront and Burnout 3 have got glitches - I.E - sound and skipping for battlefront andduring the races the game has to catch up to itself with Burnout.

I'm assuming they are just dodgy burns though and will re-burn at 1 speed as soon as I get my dvd burner on my new lappy!

Anyway - nice 1 + good look sorting out your booting issues!