1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with 'codebreaker', mod chip, and HD Advance compatibility. . .

Discussion in 'PS2' started by VJbob, May 1, 2005.

1. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

when starting codebreakers, it looks for a hard drive and for some reason I can't play any games when the hard drive is installed. I have to take out the hard drive if I want to play games with codebreakers. It seems like a waste to have hd advance. Anybody else know why this happens?

2. Neosaber

Neosaber Member

I have the same problem too. I already asked the same question in cmgsccc forum, hopefully I'll get the answer soon.

3. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

Ok i have codebreaker 8.1 and i don't have any problems with mine all i do is put CB in and let it load pick my codes and put in hdadvance and pick my game and that's it it works fine. What version are you using?

4. Neosaber

Neosaber Member

mine is 9.0, and I just found the way to fix it :), well for my situation. I installed HDD explorer with DMS HDD Format tool application. There's a file call slus_202.02, deleted. Problem solved. Hdd explorer v1.31 to be exact, and it came with the application.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2005
  5. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

did you use your pc to add the file HDD explorer or did you use a thumb drive to add it to the HD in your PS2. Where can I get this file? Can you explain step by step how you did this? It would be great to use my HD Advance again after all this time.

6. Neosaber

Neosaber Member

http://www.xbox-modchips.com/dms4-lite-ps2-mod-chip.htm
    get the dms hdd explorer 1.31
    burn the image to the disk using dvd decrypter. Just run it if you have the modchip or use the swap magic disc. After the installation, press and hold start button to get to dms explorer screen, press triangle(where it says install application from the disc) press YES. Then follow the step from above post. good luck.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2005
  7. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

my mod is matrix infinity though. will that still work?

8. Neosaber

Neosaber Member

I don't know, just give it a shot. If not, then you might have to google for the hd explorer or go to matrix infinity website. Maybe they have some things similiar. good luck

9. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

finally. . . .decided to give it a try. Burned the disc. Pressed 'x' to install HDD explorer on hard drive. -> installs -> says "now reset Ps2". I hold start, nothing happens. I reset and hold start and my mod chip is disabled. If anyone is still there can you help me from here?

10. Assi9

Assi9 Member

I use Sharkport. You can still get those on eBay (got mine $10). I use a program (ps2-savebuilder) to convert AR MAX and Codebreaker saves, then send them to the PS2 memory card with the included 2 way USB cable. They all work fine and you can avoid most problems with all the cheat devices this way and back up your memory card saves to PC. I am running saves from the latest games too like Midnight Club 3 DUB, God Of War, Burnout 3, etc. I think XPort is the same thing and you can use the savebuilder to convert to that too. Don't just rename the files, use the savebuilder. I've heard there are problems running codes with backups so that might be the main problem your having. I think the cheat disks have to have a check built in or Sony wont let them sell it or something. Same reason some games don't work on HDLoader.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2005
  11. skyda

skyda Regular member

Hi,

I have a PS2 50002a with matrix infinity and HDA,160GB HDD,CodeBreaker V

I live in Newzealand , so i have a PAL console.

Im trying to use cheats with backups, and i understand that i will have to use Ntsc backups cause CB is Ntsc software.

Ny Ntsc game backup will boot after selecting the desired codes with codebreaker.

The game runs fine, however the codes are not active

Why is this? I have a Ntsc game and modchip, the codes should work!!

someone please help.