1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with connectivity with windows vista. plz hlp

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by NaztyNayt, May 12, 2007.

1. NaztyNayt

NaztyNayt Regular member

Ok a little bit ago I went over to my friends house who is using Windows Vista, and they wanted firefox on there computer. So I downloaded it on there and everything worked fine. Later that night the internet went out completely. Now I work for Comcast HSI so I figured this wouldn't be dificult at all. I powercycled the modem, checked for proxies, made sure the tcpip was obtained automatically, release/renewed the ip. After all this, still wasn't working. So I turned of the computer completely for about 1 minute or two unplugged the modem then plugged it back in before rebooting the computer, and it worked, but only briefly. I was surfing fine, then I closed the browser and reopened it and it was back to where I started.

I'm kind of clueless with this windows vista and I personally think it's a piss-poor OS. So anyways, if anyone has any tips I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

i tried Firefox on my vista machine too and was having problems, so I installed Opera which is identical to firefox, more secure and many add ons too. That is what I use now, and haven't had a problem. I love the tabbed browsing that firefox let you do, then I found out Opera did it so bam, i am a convert.

3. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Try removing the NIC from the Device Manager..right click it, and uninstall it. Restart the computer.

4. NaztyNayt

NaztyNayt Regular member

Thanks, I'm heading over there in a minuter for her. Appreciate the help.