1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Conversion

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by mvcn_2001, Jul 1, 2003.

1. mvcn_2001

mvcn_2001 Guest

I have some videos with wmv and qt extensions (most have more than 100 mb, some with 700 mb) and when I try to convert them I have a problem. Whenever I try to convert them with videoimpression it gives me the error message RUNTIME ERROR, when I try to convert using TMPGENC or WINMPG VIDEOCONVERTER it stops almost at the end of the video and the oftware crashes.....whenever it happens i need to use ctrl + alt + del to close the software. I imagined it could be a problem on the video (specially the wmv ones) so i changed the extensions from wmv to asf and tried to use a software called VIDEOFIXJOINER trying to repair the video but even after use the software the programs used to crash. Now I dont know what to do because the videos are important to me and I wished I could convert them to mpeg-1 to record them in vcd. I hope someone here can help me and explain me what to do to solve my proble. Thanks......

2. LAZY321

LAZY321 Member

so are you stuck with an ASF file?

3. LAZY321

LAZY321 Member

http://www.geocities.com/myasftools/ IS A WEBSITE TO DOWNLOAD A PROGRAM CALLED ASFTOOLS
    Features include:
    -Join & Split
    -Many different Repairing Tools
    -Most operations are done without re-compressing so the quality will not degrade
    -Converting ASF/WMV format to AVI
    -Extracting audio stream and saving it as WAV
    -Converting WMV1/WMV2 format to MP43
    -Making the stream files "Seekable"
    -Creating ASX file
    -And more ..

YOU COULD ACTUALLY USE THAT FOR YOU WMV FILES

Last edited: Jul 2, 2003
  4. mvcn_2001

mvcn_2001 Guest

Thanks for your help, i downloaded the software you said and tried to convert but it happened the same thing......almost at the end of the video it stops and the software stop working. Dont know now what to do.....But I thank you for trying to help me...Thanks