1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with copying certain movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by probin94, Jan 24, 2007.

1. probin94

probin94 Member

i looked around for a little and didnt find anything that seemed to give me the answer i needed. so i figured id ask the pros.

i tried to copy gridiron gang and a some other movies. i cant get them to copy on my computer using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter and anydvd. but they will work on my buddies computer like a charm.

now dvd shrink just tells me its copyright protected and wont work. dvd decrypter tells me that...

device authenticication failed

reason: failed to send challenge key.

im wondering....is it something to do with my burner or the software. im using the same exact setup as my buddy and he has no problems. so any answers that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

2. onya

onya Guest

Try this link to Alkohol's tools and guide

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740

Interesting, never saw that error before. (I'll wait for an answer also on this one)

An uninstall then reinstall of shrink and decrypter may be in order. If you feel it neccessary to do the same with AnyDVD, make sure you've got your KEY kept safe.

Cheers.

3. probin94

probin94 Member

thanks for the link...ill look through that...im gonna try to do the un-install and re-install idea too. hopefully this will fix it...i just thought i was having bad luck. but when i used dvd decrypter to rip it that popped up and im like wtf!

4. probin94

probin94 Member

well i tried the un-install and re-install...still get the same error. hope somebody knows whats up.