1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with corruption during backing up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dohboy, Jan 26, 2005.

1. dohboy

dohboy Member

Ok , i use DVD Decrypter (latest one out) to back up my DVDs. The DVDs themselves play flawlessly, but when i use dvd decrypter to back them up, the backed up dvd almost all the time has these problems

1) cannot play the IFO files in any software dvd player (except for Windows Media player)

2) various parts of the movie are corrupted (its usually only one or two sections of the movie that can vary in length from a few seconds to over 10 min, the corruption basically makes the video and audio freeze until it gets past the corruption)

now, i was wondering what could be causing the corruptin? im usually backing up region 3 movies that sometimes has copyright protection, but when i try region 1 dvds, the corruption still happens.

could the problem be my dvd-rom drive? its a sony ddu 1621 (fairly common) using s4.1 RPC-1 firmware.

thanks for any help

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Have you considered crc read errors on your backups? What brand and type of media are you using?

3. dohboy

dohboy Member

im only putting the backups to the hard drive at the moment, i havent bothered burning to a dvd ever.

the other wierd thing is that my old computer started having the corruption problem recently, ive been backing up dvds without problems (except the "not being able to play in anything but WMP10") for about 6 months and had the problem start occuring within the last month. Now with my new computer (which i also built within the last month) ive never been able to back up a perfect dvd, is it possibly some windows update that was released that could be causing this?

4. dohboy

dohboy Member

or maybe its the dvd decrypter version?

....but i cant seem to find the old 3.5.1 version anywhere...anyone know where i could dl it?