1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Cyclowiz

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by NeroErik, Feb 21, 2007.

1. NeroErik

NeroErik Member

hey, just installed the cyclowiz in my wii and the green light confirms everything is working, then i put my burned disk in, my wii gives me "unable to read disc" i did notice that the light on the cyclowiz turned off then back on for a sec, its not flashing tho, i know the difference :p.

just wondering if any of you had the same problem and would be willing to share your findings??

2. NeroErik

NeroErik Member

almost forgot to mention, i got one of those chips that had the three points all touching, i used my dremel to separate the points. i doubt thats the problem, but just throwing that out there, cuz its the only thing i changed compared to a normal install

3. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

what is your chipset in your wii

have to ask because certain wii chipsets work with the chip and others need to be updated

also another question did you update the wii before installing the chip it helps loads with loading

also check the iso there are a lot of junk iso's going around

also remember the chip doesn't boot imports for the wii only same region games backups that are for your wii in your country

4. NeroErik

NeroErik Member

checked all those things, i got my wii the day it came out (US) so i knew there would be no chipset problem, its the 2nd chipset listed as working on the cyclowiz site. I updated my wii the day before the chip camen figured i might not need an older firmware to run homebrew (incase thats what let it happen :p)

some things about the discs to note.

im using discs i originally burned for my GC with my ninjamod, do those work??

i tried the wiinja GCOS disk, same result.

im downloading a few isos of games ive got now (dont have an LG drive) gunna see if those work.

the media im using is HP DVD+R 4.7GB Orange label with silver here and there. they worked wonders for my cube.

5. NeroErik

NeroErik Member

redid all my solder points... still a no go :(. I wonder what could be wrong

6. dssking

dssking Member

Attempt burning at a slower speed..... I am using Verbatim+R, at 4x.... success on everything except COD3.

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

With +r's they HAVE to be booktyped to -rom.

8. essadis

essadis Member

hey i had the same problem with all the games for the wii and gamecube games. but i switchd the discs from memorex+r to memorex-r and that seemed to fix it even with the wiinja swap disc. the swaps do work with the cyclowiz. i still get a error sometimes wial playing the game saying it could not be read but reset and its all good to go again

beng burner 4x-16x
    memorex -R 16x
    imgburn

tested wii- raymans raving rabbids, wii play, super monkeyball
    all work ^ has a few glitch
    GC - supersunshin mario, both wiinja swap discs(usa/pal)
    all work

9. NeroErik

NeroErik Member

what is booktyped and -rom?? i cant burn to a - media, all ive got is a + burner (old NEC drive)

also, i kinda messed up the solder points on the wii board, but dont worry, i traced the wires back to the panasonic chip and stuck the cyclowiz wires on that (close fit), the wires are almost touching, but i know they arent, the chip reads out as working. Im not bad at soldering, just desoldering :p

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Sorry about that, I should have been more specific. If you want to burn to any +r media, you need to change the booktype for your burner from "dvd+r" to "dvd-rom".

In Imgburn and DVD Decrypter it's under "Tools > Drive > Change Booktype". But first you need to check if your burner supports booktyping. This is a good site to verify it with: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters . It'll say it either supports bitsetting or it doesn't.

If this seems like too much, your best bet would be to just pick up some -r's.

11. NeroErik

NeroErik Member

Dont think it does, its an old + only drive like i said. i basically checked that site you gave me with all nec drives that support only plus and cd writing/reading then checked booktype, nothing came up. i think its pretty safe to assume im gunna need a better burner.. bummer :(, i guess wii backups come in another month for me

Thank you guys for all your help, i at least wanted to get one thing working to confirm the chip actually works. Thats life :p

12. NeroErik

NeroErik Member

My girlfriend out of the kindness in her heart took me out and bought me a new pioneer drive with a stack of DVD-R disks, Did the trick! Im proud to say that Windwaker was the first bit of copied data to ever be played on my Wii :p (at least from a disk). im in the process of copying all my copied DVD+R gamecube games to DVD-R disks now... its a pain in the butt, my GC liked +R disks, and my Wii likes -R disks >_<!

Just happy it works, Thanks for all your help you guys!