1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Dbox 2 flashing with IFA using vista

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by sidhanif, Mar 14, 2010.

1. sidhanif

sidhanif Member

hello
    im sure you have answered this a million times before but i want a reminder of how to flash the dbox using the image flashing assisstant whilst running windows.

ive tried to hook the dbox2 via the wiress router with a crossover cable . ive selcted the wirless network card and image when i plug the dbox in whe told to do so the progress bar starts but doesnt pick up the dbox after a few atempts. ive turned firewalls off too. ive evn tried with the corssover cable too but smae. i did a way were it did pick it up but cant remeber how i did it a year ago or so.

ive tried connecting to the laptop direct with a null modem cable and crossover cable but i get error mesages and asks for an ip address . the progress bar of the ifa doesnt even start.

what am i doing wrong as i have better joy with the wireless rouetr way as i did last time. i cant ftp th box as i cant get into the network page as it gets stuck on the sportster fornt page as i have updated the box that way before.

im not sure what im doing wrong as its driving me crazy

can anyone help

sid

2. piopat

piopat Active member

if you have changed your computer since you last flashed your box (and your old computer was windows xp)your problem is vista ,vista is not really any good for flashing boxes .try to use an old desktop with a 9 pin seriel port . here is a link to a thread you can read http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/369401 .

3. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Never had any probs flashing with Vista meself
    Make sure your flow/controll is enabled in propereties
    And for vista use IFA version 3.1.................Paul

4. sidhanif

sidhanif Member

hello paul

the problem is i think my original wireless card is buggered and im using an external wireless adapter and this time as it doesnt even show the flow control in the proerties. im gonna get my work laptop and try it with that as i have xp on it.

is there another way i can try it with the vista without using the wireless nic cos when i connect withn the corssover and null cable the ifa 3.4.1 gives my errorr messages

i have the ifa 3.4.1 can i use that with xp or do i need to get the ifa 3.1. if so where cos the hallenberg site doesnt have the old ones.

really appreciate your help.

thanks

sid

5. rodmc

rodmc Guest

dude, if your going through a router you should use a straight through, you can only use crossover from NIC to NIC

6. sidhanif

sidhanif Member

hi

i managed to load a sportster pro image onto the box via image flashing assisstant . apart form the german language i changed i couldnt scan the box. it didnt seem to be connected to my cable. ive managed to get this far froma freezing image to getting one laoded yet to find it unworkable. what am i doing wrong.

i tried commando images too but the screen is just blank but with the sportster pro is a little better but no channels not even fta.

please help

thanks

sid

7. rodmc

rodmc Guest

have u tried replacing your service.xml and bouquet.xml to known working versions?

8. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Now you can obtain the box ip
    Revert to Flash FXP
    And transfer a uk updateing image across and rescan selecting your location via the blue button on remote ...............Paul

9. sidhanif

sidhanif Member

hi paul

do you mean to reflash another image on there or just the updated files that froze the boxes sometime last year. i cannot ftp the box as when i go into the network settings of the sportster pro they ip ,sub and gateway are blank. not sure why.
    i think i do know the ip address of the box but not the default gateway to ftp the image.
    not quite sure waht you want me to do as i have tried the comando image too and its just blank not evn a logo screen.
    can you recommend a uk based image for the box that has all the current keys as i have got big mac tool bar and some other programs too. i now the sportster pro loads so im still baffeled as to why there isnt any network pick up.

im not inan affected area yet as my mothers & mates work too
    anywa help would be good

10. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

you have Dhcp enabled
    Disable that and enter an ip of your choice
    Subnet will autofil at 255.255.255.0
    Back to top and restart network now
    You will be able to FTP to the box now
    PM us your mail addy for an image for a nokia ................Paul

11. sidhanif

sidhanif Member

hello paul

i managed to image flash a sportster ultra nov 09 image to the box but am getting a handful of fta only channels ie bbc and terresrtail..etc
    im not sure if it the latest image as i have been told its the comando 11.3 previously but used to have an old sportster one on it.

how do i get enale the emus and keys to get the channels up. ive done serviec scan nad have all the channels

i got a lot further than the comando 11.3 image .

any help on what to do now

cheers

sid

12. kul23

kul23 Member

hi

could someone help i think i have a dbox nokia. the bos seems to load sportster 1.7, the box runs and you can see the sportster sign on the tv. Once it has loaded it then switches to standby for no reason it was working fine an hour ago. when i press the menu button it just rebots and the the sportster sign come up again.

Can anyone help

13. bkok

bkok Member

Hi folks im new to this so would really appreciate some help on how to flash a nokia dbox2
    I have downloaded an image flashing assistent and it appears from what ive read online that i now need to download a 2xI image
    thanks
    bkok

14. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

reflash it mate and lets know the out come................Paul

15. techquest

techquest Member

You can get the image, and the magic files you will also need,

from http://www.mercs.us/

Look under the Images and Tools tabs. Any problems or if you need more help let us know.