1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with dl dvd's

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mxxmikexx, Oct 28, 2007.

1. mxxmikexx

mxxmikexx Member

heres the deal, i've always used verbatims to burn my "backup" 360 games, and have never had any problems. a few weeks ago i couldnt find any verbatims locally, so i bought some memorex's, my computer wouldnt even start burning with these disks so i gave them to a friend to try on his computer and he had the same results. So yesterday i bought a 15 pack of verbatims from office max, and now this is the first time that i bought verbatims and they wouldnt work for me either, now keep in mind that i burned two "backup" games on friday, with no problems, now i cant burn on these new verbatims. this is getting really annoying spending all this time and money buying blank media that i cant use, so im thinking of maybe just buying a new burner? what is the best burner for the money right now?

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

The Pioneer 111-d is like 35 bucks but I prefer Sony DL Drives.
    My DRU810-a has been through the swap magic phase on ps2 and the 360. Never a bad burn

3. steimy

steimy Active member

sounds similar to what happened to me when my DRU-710A started going bad. I had it about 2 years and just plain wore it out. First it had problems burning things right, Then it had problems reading some originals, then it had problems recognizig the blank media.
    So i went out and bought a BenQ and have been very happy with it. I don't trust Sony burners because they just rebade someone elses drive so it could be a number of manufacturers that you catually end up with, and the Lite-On version that i got was great, for the first two years, and now is pretty much worthless.