1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with dms4 lite!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by chainix, Apr 1, 2005.

1. chainix

chainix Member

Recently I purchased a Ps2 V12 and got my play modded with dms4 lite with a friend...but i cant get my games to work, not even the original ones... Its seems that the console its not reading the games at all (the laser its ok). I think its a bad installation. What connection i have to check...

Pd: sorry for the spelling!

2. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

you need to flash the mod chip first then it should play the game. But the chip sucks, people having problem with dms4 lite on v12, i having one now, i had it installed by reputation seller on the web, but it had heat issue, when the ps2 got heat up, it wont read the game, looking forward to swap the new chip, keep me update as your ps2 goes, thanks.

3. chainix

chainix Member

Its a bad installation, I opened it and checked the cables and guess what... two of them just came off. I will send the console to someone to fix it. The dms4 is one of the best chip around even the new magic chip has that issue. Its not the chip, its the console itself, but soon or later someone will fit that problem.

thanks

4. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

the Matrix Infinity isn't a bad chip either...i have it installed in my V12 and everything is perfect

but i did an install for a friend with the DMS4 Lite and no, it isn't a bad chip either, in fact its about the same although it allows you to use cheat devices (AR, GS, ect.) while the Infinity doesnt...

5. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

i agreed the dms4 is not a bad chip, matter of fact it is a good chip that i have in my older ps2 type, but since i ordered new slim ps2, i ended up with the problem as i described earlier. Nothing against the dms4, i dont know if anyone experience this problem, i just happended to be the lucky one here. I also heard the Matrix Infinity would compatable with the slim line, i will get my chip to swap, but waiting on instruction to send it out, hate this happend and waitting time.