1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with downloaded games

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by cresNi, Jan 4, 2008.

1. cresNi

cresNi Member

I use an R4, and the games usually work. But lately, after extracting the nds file and putting it in the R4, when trying to play the game in the DS, it only says: "Could not read data. Turn off the power and reinsert the DS card". Also there seems to be a lot of rar files for one game.

Any idea why this is so?

Thanks for the help.:D

2. bigbadp

bigbadp Member

Memory card could be on way out. Try full format. Try getting your games from else where

3. cresNi

cresNi Member

Sorry if I seem like an idiot, but when exactly is a memory card 'on the way out'? And...god, I feel so stupid, what is full format? Oh, and I get my games from http://ds.rom-news.org/.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  4. xDSgamerx

xDSgamerx Guest

that site is where i get my games too. they work perfectly fine. so after you dl the game and you extract the folder, open that folder and open the folder thats inside it, you'd sometimes see a bunch of more things to be extracted, the thing i do is just extract the biggest one and whatevers extracted i take that folder and drag to the r4. it works perfectly fine for me. do you need to update your firmware? idk, try it.