1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with DVD Burns Freezing, Pixilation, and sound sync

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fairbc, Nov 10, 2004.

1. fairbc

fairbc Member

First off I would like to say hello to everyone! I am new hear but not too new to burning DVD's.

I have had my Burner for almost a year now and still have noty found a complete resolution to my issues.

I am experiencing pixilation, skipping, sound sechronization problems. I have tried all the common troubleshooting. I have no unessecary programs running, Pc is scotch free of Spyware, and is running great. I was told however that these issues could be due to using DVD XCOPY XPRESS. If so what other products do it all like DVDXPRESS? Or could it be my drives firmware? And how do I get some info on my drive?

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks in advance,
    Billy

2. regor

regor Regular member

Hi fairbc - I have not heard of any specific issues with Xcopy. There is an Xcopy specific forum for you to check, please do exactly that. Also check out the DVD Shrink forum and download DVD Shrink (free) as well as Decryptor (free) and try these two awesome utilities. Between the two of them you should be able to ascertain if you are experiencing a HW or SW issue.

Hope this helps.

R

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi fairbc, the problems you are having with your playback is 80 to 90% of the time caused by poor quality media. It usually goes away if you use a well known brand like Ritek or Verbatim grade A blanks. Sometimes burning at a slower speed will help the problem but better media is the sure solution. Good luck.

Jerry

4. fairbc

fairbc Member

regor-
    Thanks for the reply!, I have downloaded and installed DVD Shrink,and running it now (We'll see how it goes!). I assume I need to burn the image thta is created to CD with Nero? I have Roxio will this work as well?

Jerry746- Thanks for your reply as well. I have tried MANY types of media as well as deferent formats. Mainly Sony is the highest quality stuff I can get around here. How could I change the burn speed in DVD XPRESS settings?

Thanks guys

5. regor

regor Regular member

No worries fairbc, happy to help. Actually there are only 3 programs that Shrink will burn with: Decryptor, Nero and Copy2DVD. Since Decryptor is free... go figure!

That doens't mean you can't use Roxio to burn your files, but programmatically Shink will burn with Decryptor if it is installed.

Easy rip easy burn. R

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

fairbc,
    You can't change the burn speed with dvd copy xpress since it uses its own burn engine unless you use some modified firmware eg: omnipatcher for lite-ons or slower rated media.

I agree with Jerry 746. Taiyo Yuden is the best. Maxell, TDK, Verbatum datalife, Ricohjpn, and MCC are all good. Stay away from Memorex and store brand name media eg: Comp USA Staples.

One more thing, you can set the target size with shrink to 4300 MB so you don't burn clear to the outside edge of the blank. I was having freezing problems with dvd copy xpress only at the end of the movie. I don't have this problem with shrink and the target size set to 4300 MG.

7. fairbc

fairbc Member

Well guys I made it a few steps further. I created the ISO with Shrink, and got to the burn menu with Encrypter, However i am now getting an io error, any suggestions?

8. regor

regor Regular member

Hi fairbc - Sorry you are still experiencing grief. Now I think you need to give a bit more insight. What was the error? Did it happen immediately as the burn started or well (or at least part way) into the burn? What type of media are you using? (hint: might want to use a -+RW for testing until you get this ironed out) What type of drive is it? You say you've had it a year; have you ever updated the BIOS? You may should if an update is available - many manufacturers updated the BIOS to be compatible with faster media. Have you tried slower speeds? Can you burn a data disk?

Be descriptive as to your setup.

R

9. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Cool picture looks like the Grinches sled dog.

10. regor

regor Regular member

it's actually a pictorial representation of the order of my mind!

rdrr

11. regor

regor Regular member

Ok I lied mcalister (everyone), a confession:

this is really the pictorial representation of the order of my mind. And if you press the 'random' button you can see my random thoughts...

http://nelsonmania.com/spirograph.htm