1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROBLEMS WITH DVD DECRYPTER

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TRIPLEHSD, Sep 5, 2004.

1. TRIPLEHSD

TRIPLEHSD Member

YES, I'M A NEWBIE TO ALL OF THIS AND I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE DVD DECRYPTER. SEE, I'VE DOWNLOADED THE LATEST DVD DECRYPTER AND DVD SHRINK. WHEN I USE THE DVD SHRINK TO ENCODED THE DVD INTO AN ISO FOR THE DECRYPTER TO BURN, I HAVE NO PROBLEM. BUT WHEN I START TO BURN WITH THE DVD DECRYPTER, THIS IS THE MESSAGE I GET:
    I/O ERROR!

DEVICE:[1:1:0] DVD+RW5120 1.37 (D:)(ATA)

SCSI STATUS: 0X02
    INTERPRETATION: CHECK CONDITION

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00
    INTERPRETATION: WRITE (10)-SECTORS:0-31

SENSE AREA: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 30 10 00 00 00 00 00 C2
    INTERPRETATION: MEDIUM NOT FORMATTED

NOW, I'VE BEEN GETTING THIS PROBLEM SINCE DAY ONE.I WAS WONDERING IF IT'S THE MEDIA THAT I HAVE OR IS IT THE DVD+REWRITABLE THAT I'M USING? I'M CURRENTLY USING SONY DVD+RW FOR THE DISK DRIVE AND I WAS USING THE SONY DVD+R AND THE MAXELL DVD+R. IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE GET AN ANSWER FOR ME I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT A LOT AND IT'LL SAVE ME A WHOLE LOT OF HEADACHES. THANKS!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  3. TRIPLEHSD

TRIPLEHSD Member

my apologize for using all capital letters on that last one and also apologize for using the wrong forum. i was just i a need of help with this. how do you format it so it could be used with dvd decrpyter? it says formatting disc. then that message that i've written in the previous note comes on my screen. even when i try to use alcohol 120%. it comes up as non-formatted disc and i've used both the sony dvd+r and the maxell dvd+r. how do i format a dvd+r??

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You can only format a DVD/RW not a -/+ R. Is the disc that's giving you trouble an RW?

If this the case is the disc new? If not how much has it been used?

You can try using DVD Info Pro to format the disc. It's a cool little utility that nobody in the DVD game should be without.

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Let us know how it goes :)

5. TRIPLEHSD

TRIPLEHSD Member

thanks. i've used the dvd pro info and it tells me exactly what my dvd burner is compatible with. now i've just burned a back-up and it works now. thanks again. i really appreciate it.