1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with DVD Decrypter.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tolu515, Jan 3, 2005.

1. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

I just installed a NEC Dual Layer Writer but when I open DVD Decrypter it says No Devices Detected. Are there any suggestions?

2. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

3. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump It UP

4. alphatech

alphatech Member

Well, im not sure if this would make a difference for you, but I have an NEC 16x Dual Layer DVD Writer and DVD Decryptor wouldnt recognise it until I updated the firmware, now it's all fine.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/drive/

Just an idea..

5. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

thank you

6. rissi17

rissi17 Member

Hello all,
    I am having a real problem trying to back up my PS2 DVD games using the DVD decrypter. I use the ISo read mode to copy to my hard drive, then go back into the file and goto the read on the ISO tab, and when the game is done, it will not play like the original in my PS2. I had the DMS3 plus chip professionally installed, and I guess that I am getting really frustrated in this whole process. What do I need to do to get my back ups to play on my system?
    thanks for your help.

7. alphatech

alphatech Member

How is it not playing like the original? Is it all in French? Up-side-down? Can you be a little specific?

It could have to do with the media that you're using. What brand is it?

8. fsy

fsy Guest

Hi i have got the same prob the media i use is datawrte greytop & premium grade media orange which works great for movies but some games wont load up or freeze please can some one help i have used decyptor and alchol as well cheers

9. alphatech

alphatech Member

Well, I cant offer a direct solution, other than to say that I use DVD Decryptor and TDK media and I have not once burnt a coaster (whether it be for movies or PS games).

10. rissi17

rissi17 Member

alphatech, I am using verbatim DVD - r for the media. For example last night I tryed to back up my call of duty dvd. It started up correctly, but when it entered the game play all of the figures just stood there with there arms outstreched. The sound worked, as well as the graphics. I guess that I am getting really frustrated. I can also be reached at rissi17@yahoo.com.

11. eascoast

eascoast Member

This is what I gathered from reading PS2 forums and Media forums. First off PS2 backups only like to Read DVD+R Media. The Second is, from what I read Ritek GO-4's are good for PS2 backups.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  12. eascoast

eascoast Member

Oh as for the original post, There is a new update from DVD Decrypter that should solve the NEC problem.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005