1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with DVD GCC-4241N-Doesn't write dvd's

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by laflaqui, Dec 9, 2004.

1. laflaqui

laflaqui Member

A month ago I bought a Compaq NX9010, with a HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N inside.
    Till now, I used to read cd's and dvd's without problems, but now I wan't to burn a DVD, and the writer doesn't work. I used Nero Infotool with the result that my writer doesn't have the supported write features for DVD ( any type of them). The same happens with Roxio.
    I searched in almost all the threads to see if I was able to find the answer, ( it's incredible the ammmount of information you can get and the quality of the answers!!!!!!Congratulations to all of you!!!!)),but in my particular case, I'm afraid I didn't.
    I would really appreciate any help!!!!!!!
    If it helps, I can send the Infotool report; pls, let me know.
    Thanks!!!!

2. maghin

maghin Member

hi laflaqui,
    i'm so sorry to inform you that you have not a dvd writer but only a cd writer.
    That's to say you can read and write Cd's but you can
    only read dvd's.
    I've same device installed on on my HP laptop.

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Just for your information Roxio should be napalmed from a great height. It really sucks ass & does NOT like nero. I would uninstall it & remove EVERY trace of roxio from your system.
    If you want a dvd burner I would recommend a pioneer 108. Have a look in the drive section of Afterdawn, you will get some good ideas by just trawling through the threads.