1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with dvd loader and toc refresh

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by carol1978, Apr 26, 2005.

1. carol1978

carol1978 Member

I am having a problem loading PS2 DVD backups with SM3.3 and DVD Loader V7. I load the SM3.3 disc then replace it with DVD Loader V7 and press X. I then press the triangle button to stop the disc and replace it with an original high TOC disc (Timesplitters 2) and press the triangle button to make it spin. Once it starts spinning I press the X button to refresh the TOC but I get a message saying ‘error validating disc data’ and I don’t know what the problem is. I own a V12 Slim PS2 and I am using the Slim tool.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. ps2source

ps2source Regular member

SM3.3 should not need DVDloader

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yeah, you shouldn't need dvdloader AND the ps2 must know you opened it to do a toc refresh (you would have to remove the sensor cover).

4. EVILZED

EVILZED Guest

please help me people i got slim ps2 and swapmagic 3.6 and can someone explain what this toc is how it works i know what dvd/cdloader is my resident evil keeps freezing in half a level wen you go through a door the music is still working fine in the game but none of the buttons are working and the screen is pitch black with sum writing for the level at the bottom and my midnight club dub edtion freezes after 30mins of play everytime i was examining it
    btw sly your really helpfull i got alot of help from you

5. witton

witton Regular member

the toc is the size of the game,the toc of the swapmagic dvd disc is 4.35gig when you try to boot a game over this size you stsrt to get trouble like midnight club dub edition.
    so then you need to do a toc refresh with a game the same size or bigger than the one your booting,wait for swapmagic to boot up and press eject it will come up toc refreshing then put in a game e.g. devil may cry toc=4.37gig wait then flip lid and put in back up.
    if it still doesnt work correctly you can try to rebuild the game,sounds daunting but its not search threads oin how to do this.
    this reduces the size of the game and 9/10 works great.

6. EVILZED

EVILZED Guest

thanks i knew it was the size i heared dead or alive 2 has got a good toc

7. jonngo

jonngo Member

SM3.3 should not need DVDloader

if it doesn't need dvdloader does that mean I
    can use the cheats from codebreaker and action
    replay without having to switch the discs?