1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with DVD Loader V7 All

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by oneear, Oct 12, 2004.

1. oneear

oneear Member

I have a copy of DVD Loader V7all, which I am having problems with. This is the method I use (on a v7 with flip top):

1) Swap Magic DVD V2 PAL
    2) Swap using flip top for DVD Loader V7 all
    3) Open disc and swap for DVD Loader
    4) Swap using flip top for Pandorra Tomorrow: SC

It loads fine until I select the single player mode, and then the screen goes pink for a few seconds and then turns yellow. After that nothing happens. Has this happend to anyone else - and does anyone know how to fix it....

Cheers

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

to use dvd loader
    1.boot swapmagic dvd and swap for dvd loader by flip press x
    2.dvd loader boots (press x now if you need sub menu feature)press eject and swap for swapmagic dvd, press eject to send back in
    3. wait for it to say ps2 dvd in lower left of tv screen when that appears press x
    4.wait for swap by ea method prompt at this point swap for backup by flip, press x
    5. your game should now boot

there are known problems getting splintercell pt to load on v7+ ps2 consoles, you might find the info in this thread usefull http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/99301

3. oneear

oneear Member

Top Man, thats sorted me now!

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

glad you got it sorted, enjoy your game

5. gravegod

gravegod Member

hey guyz sorry to bring up this old thread but I need help w/ DVD Loader. I used your sig DevilHunt and downloaded it and burned it thru DVD Decrypter (on a CD-R). Used SM DVD2.0 swapped thru flip pressed X and this is where my cd just keeps spinning? Do I have a bad copy of DVD Decrypter or am I just doing something wrong? PLZ help!

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you need to burn dvd loader to dvdr not cdr

7. gravegod

gravegod Member

devilhunt, thanks for replyin. This was a stupid question to ask but I figured it out buy reading a few more threads and finally puttin the logic together, you do need a DVD R. It was a DUH! DUH! kinda thing but now u can see my sig, its TRUE, lol. Anywayz this solved my problem of reading my DVD Backup's that need a bigger TOC, now to solve my issue of my V1 PS2 not reading my SM DVD 2.0 disk. Any help there?

BTW in justification to why I burned it on a CD was just coz it was a 526MB file.

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

cd loader = burn to cd
    dvd loader = burn to dvd

they are the same exact program, but has the code changed so the ps2 knows if its cd or dvd. if you want cd loader, you can get it at http://www.swapmagicfix.com

9. gravegod

gravegod Member

thanks sly_61019, I had it figured out after a while, just need trial n error I guess. Anywayz do you know how I can fix my problem of my V1 PS2 not reading SM DVD 2.0 disk. You think the upgraded version will be better? (the new DVD 3.3 n CD 3.3 set). I had my laser replaced thru Sony and now it doesnt read DVD SM disk at all.