1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with DVD+R 8X

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by TheGios, Nov 21, 2004.

1. TheGios

TheGios Member

I have a SAMSUNG DVD player, the first ever ever (that one with a DVD player and VHS player all in one) which is 4 year old (it's really one of the first ones, first version of the firmaware, cannot even read MP3 while same players with latest version of firmware can).
    I used to copy movies with my laptop's DVD writer at 4X on any media (+R and -R, any brand) and my player never had a reading problem.

Yesterday I copied a movie with my new external Pioneer 108 dual layer recorder: I used a TDK 8x SL media and copied the movie at 8X, but my player doesn't read it (IMPOSSIBLE TO READ THIS DISK). I tried with another movie: the player starts playing the movie but after 20 seconds it goes crazy.

Any hint?
    Maybe burning a +R DVD at 8X makes the disk unreadable for my player?

Thanks

2. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

I have had similar problems. Try burning the DVD at 6X. This worked for me.

3. TheGios

TheGios Member

So do you think it's a player problem?
    The same dvd my player cannot read can be played on my Pioneer nav system, which is not even supposed to play +R but only -R.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It may be a combination of problems. Burning at 8X increases the chances for errors and lessens compatibility which may have been enough to cause your Samsung to choke since not all players are as forgiving with burned media as others.