1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with DVD+R media

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by walnut187, Feb 3, 2005.

1. walnut187

walnut187 Member

I do apoligize if this is in the wrong spot but it is my first thread. I have a problem and hope that someone may help me. I have 2 different Compaw Presario's, both have the same O.S.,( XP PRO ). Both have the same software. But the drives are different and here is my problem. 2 weeks ago I purchased TDK blank media and it would nero would not burn onto the disc's. It would stop and say something like ILLEGAL DISC, but when I put a FujiFilm disc in it would burn to it. Well this week I purchased 2 seperate packs of Memorex blank media and it will not burn in one computer but it will in the other and I get the same errors from Nero and the same errors from dvdshrink. Here are the dvd drives:

Computer 1 has: (Compaq DVD-ROM DVD-115) and (_NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A). Computer 2 has: (LITE-ON DVD SOHD-167T) and (PHILIPS DVD+RW-D28).

I just do not see where the problem is here. My software consists of Nero 6, DVDSHRINK, DVD DECRYPTER, ANYDVD. It seems that the problem is with the media and the hardware not being compatible but I would like to get a Veterans opinion, seeing as how I have only been doing this for 2 months. Thanks in advance and please accept my apology if this is in the wrong place but I have searched the forum and found no answers. Sincerly, Walnut!!!!

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Welcome Walnut........I will try and answer some of your concerns.
    Media sometimes will work in one machine and not the other. Is it only one of your burners not burning or is it both? Are all your listed programs up to date?
    Do you disable all programs in the background and not use the computer whilst burning is going on?
    TDK is usually a good media but Memorex I would use for firearm practice, but this is entirley my opinion.
    DVD decrypter will be able to rip all the latest protections, so you should not need to run AnyDVD.
    Lets know your response.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  3. eascoast

eascoast Member

4. walnut187

walnut187 Member

The TDK media will not burn in either burner. Memorex will burn in one but not the other. Yes all the software is up to date. I buy my media at best buy b/c thats where i get the best deals like a 50 pack for $19.99 and so on. I have found that Fuji Film blank media works great on both burners but isnt always on sale. I will go to those sites and check out prices and also the one for compatability. Thanks!