1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by aspire180, Nov 12, 2004.

1. aspire180

aspire180 Regular member

I have burnt 100s of DVDs using Shrink and have been generally very pleased with the copies...I have, however, come across a first time problem involving size.

I tried to do a backup after analysis but the file size exceeded my 4.7 GB...Basically, I get about 300-400 mb in to the red on the analysis bar...I have it set at 'Automatic' compression setting so I am surprised that it didn't shrink it enough to fit onto a single DVD (The % is at 57.9)...What can I do at this point?...Thanks

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

You did not mention if you were trying to copy the whole disk with extras or the movie only.I like to use the re-author mode to copy the movie only with as little compression as needed. Then if you really want the extras you can burn them to a seperate disk.Also did you remove any foreign languages in the audio.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved to Shrink forum*

4. aspire180

aspire180 Regular member

Hi

No, there are no other foreign languages and no other extra features...It's basically a DVD of episodes from 'The Office'...For some reason, it comes back too large to backup...Is that normal?...I haven't ever had this happen before...Why can't I simply do something that lowers the compression percentage from 57.9% so that it could fit?...However, it doesn't allow me to

5. flip218

What audio choices do you have? ie. AC3 and/or DTS?

Also, do you have deep analysis checked?

6. aspire180

aspire180 Regular member

Only one audio choice and it's 2 channel audio...Basically, there's nothing to delete...I did some trolling through the forum and read something about re-shrinking when the output is too large but I didn't quite understand what it was or how to do it...Is that my only recourse?

7. flip218

yea, you just run it through Shrink more than once. Save to hard disk, then once it's done re-open shrink and choose open files.

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

To shrink your DVD more simply go into reauthor mode. Select your movie and drag it to the left. Then under compression where it says automatic change it to custom. You can now slide the slider to your desired size (When all is green)

Hope this helps? If I understood your question right

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  9. flip218

but you will lose the menu function.

If you want to keep the menu function, click on your extras and for compression insert an image or still picture.