1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with DVD Shrink and Nero 6.3.0.3

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by doseyclwn, Apr 12, 2004.

1. doseyclwn

doseyclwn Member

Hey all,

I'm using a Pioneer A07d and the disks are tdk dvd+r disks at 4x. I have been using DVD shrink to make backups and have had the option for nero checked. I have had no problem until yesterday. Now, everytime I try to make a backup with DVD shrink, it fails during the burning process. I have to use clone dvd to burn from the files it saved on the hard drive. This has resulted in a few coasters. I have never had any problems before doing this, now all of a sudden it doesn't work. Any ideas? I installed a new version of dvd shrink and upgraded the firmware and I still had the same problem.

2. mikesnsx

mikesnsx Member

I have the same problem and it just started happening for no reason.any help would be great.

3. tommiy

tommiy Member

Seems lots of ppl are reporting the same. See some of the other threads. Seen a number of potential solutions to uninstalling both nero and dvd shrink and then re-installing to uninstalling veriatas.....

I have a 510A and have never burnt a coaster until dvd shrink 3.1.7. I've been trying to find what exactly is causing the issue and it would appear that its the writing section of shrink 3.1.7 that does it. If I let it write then the write will not work...nor subsequent writes from nero. I've been trying this out with a 4x RW disk to prove the point. If I reboot from scratch and not run dvd shrink at all then nero wrks fne....seems that there is some clash here...I've also tried 4 different type of media with no luck.....my immeiate answer is dvd shrink 3.1.5....