1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems With DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by GClark08, Apr 14, 2007.

1. GClark08

GClark08 Member

I've been burning DVD's with DVD Shrink for a couple of years now, and I've recently been having problems with almost any DVD I've tried to burn. I know that DVD Shrink is wearing down due to its lack of updates, but I am in need of a new combination. I would prefer to have no more than 2 programs involved, and 1 would be even better. Please help me, as I am hardly able to burn anything.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

This is not a Shrink problem since Shrink does not burn. I take it you're either using Nero or DVD_Decrypter to burn. Can you explain the problem or post a burn log?

3. GClark08

GClark08 Member

Sorry, I should have explained more...It isn't a burning problem, it is a DVD shrink problem, because it rarely even makes it to the burning stage anymore... Most of the time it stops with some sort of error occurring. I'm really looking for a new combo to burn with

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Actually DVD Shrink is still the same program it has always been and it still strong for what it was really meant to do, which is transcode. The ripper that is built into DVD Shrink has never been as strong as some of the choices out there. But to get to your question, DVD Shrink can be kept current by using an up to date ripper such as DVDFab Decrypter. The output files from this program should be clean enough for DVD Shrink to process with no hiccups.

I know you want an all in one ripper/encoder/burner, but those cost money. If you are willing to shell out the cash try DVDFab Platinum or one of the other premium products that fengtao offers.

http://www.dvdidle.com

Both the freeware ripper and shareware AIO's can be found at the above link.

Slysoft also makes some excellent products...they can be found at http://www.slysoft.com

You will want AnyDVD and CloneDVD from slysoft, these products recieve loads of updates and tons of support to keep up with all the new encryptions.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

GClark08
    Just click Here for all the freeware you need to get your DVD Shrink to where it will back up even the most heavily copy protected release. Instructions included. The files will even open in Shrink for you after they've been cleaned and processed for compliance. Read the full installation guide. LOL About 5 or 6 short items. Use as needed. It appears you already have part of the software. Let us know how it turns out. It's in an rar archive. If you don't have an archive tool, get winrar from http://www.download.com .

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007