1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with DVDXCopy Gold (and Xpress) with Windows XP

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by philaboy, Nov 3, 2004.

1. philaboy

philaboy Member

Before I installed Windows XP, I had Windows 2000 Professional, and had no problems with my DVDXCopy or Xpress. I recently installed Windows XP with SP1 and now am unable to play my burnt DVDs on my DVD player or my computer. In addition, some DVD's I burnt which I used to be able to play on my computer, no longer play. For those that I have recently tried to burn, I recieve a DVD Error, Error Code: 89030000, saying Unknown file format. I know the media I am using works, because I was able to use it previously before I installed Windows XP. XPress says the DVD has burnt successfully, and I have made sure all programs are not running, installed PowerDVD (for codec problems) and have also tried installing new ASPI files. Don't know what to do now. It seems as though support lines are down. Can anybody help?

2. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

321studios is out of business. their help lines are perma nently down. since you upgraded your os, why not try decrypter and shrink to see if you have any problems? if you can rip/burn a disk with those (free) programs at least you'll know it's not the hardware.

3. philaboy

philaboy Member

Thanks. Actually I recently managed to find an updated version of XPress that seems to have fixed the problem (v. 3.0.4). I no longer get the Error Code for whatever reason and have no problems playing the DVDs.

4. livvy

livvy Member

dvdxcopy platinum works well with xp-but like the others leaves a federal warning at the begining-i use dvdFAB which is as good quality as xcopy .but doesnt have the capability to shrink if main movie is larger than 4.7gb-this is overcome by copying the main movie to hard drive and using dvdshrink to copy to dvdR

5. regor

regor Regular member

Hi philaboy - A couple of things. Since 321 Studios is out of business you might consider upgrading to the latest (RF) version and then patching the (RF) version to give back 'full' functionality less the annoying 'legal disclaimer' message. It's the last upgrade you can expect. That said however, there is a forum specific to DVD XCOPY:

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

You should direct your XCOPY specific questions/interests there, instead of to these forums.

Do send me a PM if you want more specific information. Glad to help.

The other comment is that you will be so totally and utterly amazed and surprised with DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor. You will kick yourself for not trying these freeware programs. And the posts here on AD are super informative wrt these programs.

Take my lead now or kick yourself later :)

Hope I have helped. R

6. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

Personally, I'd like to see him kick himself later.

J/k.