1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Elite Force 2

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Madcapper, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Madcapper

Madcapper Member

I'm running into some installation problems with Elite Force 2 and I'm guessing it's maybe caused by mismatched volume labels. I believe the correct volume labels are Stef2_disk1 and Stef2_disk2 and the labels on the cds I'm using are STEF_D1 and NEW.

I tried to change the labels by creating .img files and editing the Volume Label fields in CDMage. For some reason though, I seem to be losing the volume labels entirely because the Volume Label field in the Joliet Descriptor tab gets blanked out. In a few attempts I even lost the Joliet Descriptor tab altogether. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

As for the volume labels themselves, they are done in lowercase on the original discs. Is there any way to create volume labels with lowercase characters, and is it necessary in this particular situation?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2003
  2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Try this:
    1. Opent he CD image
    2. Right click on Track 1, check "Long Filenames - Joliet"
    3. Right click on Track 1, Data track properties
    4. Adjust to your hearts content (both the ISO and Joliet descriptors)

3. Madcapper

Madcapper Member

Thanks Praetor for the response. I tried it out and the same thing happened. I made sure "Long Filenames - Joliet" was checked and then proceeded to edit both the ISO and Joliet descriptors. I hit ok, closed CDMage, and mounted the image in a virtual drive and the volume label was gone. I opened the image file up again in CDMage, and then right-clicked on Track 1. The "Long Filenames - Joliet" on the menu was no longer there! I then opened 'Data Track Properties' in the Edit pulldown menu and saw that once again, the Joliet Descriptor tab had disappeared. Do you know what's causing this? Thanks for the help.

4. Praetor

1. What virtual drive
    2. Consider just extracting the image and manually reconstructing the label? Tried another ISO proggie?

5. Madcapper

Madcapper Member

1. CloneCD virtual drive.
    2. I'll give it a try. I had already tried extracting the image file and creating another image file in .iso format, using Nero, and a different problem arose when I tried another install. It locked up at 20%, so I had to scrap the .iso files too. That's a different problem than the one I was running into with the cds and the .img files. With those, I got snagged when the install wizard asked for the 2nd disc.

I'm going to try your suggestion again, extracting and reconstructing the labels and then burning it to a cd-r. If that doesn't work, I'll try creating bin/cues from extracted contents. If THAT doesn't work, I think it's time to bag it! I still can't figure out what went wrong using CDMage on the .img files though.
    Thanks again for the response.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2003
  6. Praetor

WHOA.... whoa... are you tweakin BIN files or IMG files?

7. Madcapper

Madcapper Member

Been tweaking .img files. Is that gonna cause problems? These aren't 1/1 CloneCD images. I only created CloneCD images because that's all I have to work with besides Nero to make image files. I don't have CDRWin to make bin/cues.

8. Praetor

Grab yourself Alchol120 dude (or CDRWIN). They do have trial versions. :)

Goldenhawk Technologies, the original creators of the BIN/CUE format created this small and compact burning application. Fairly simple and straightforward it allows users to make images of a CD for archival purposes or for duplication. You can get more info at http://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/cdrwin.cfm

Alcohol120 is the stable of many a protection backup. It is a standard program used to backup games with numerous forms of protection. For more info visit http://cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/alcohol120.cfm