1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems With emulators and oe-c (help is kindly appreciated)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by wayne101, Feb 6, 2007.

1. wayne101

wayne101 Member

hi guys in my last post i asked how to get emulators to work with the psp i have since thanks to uncle rage manage to get these to work however when i play donkey kong country which is a backup i may add is very slow almost unplayable so if any one would have any information of to what i am doing wrong i would greatly appreciate it.

p.s. i am running dark alex's oe-c (who is not)

Kind Regards
    wj

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

emulators don't run everything perfect, u know...

3. wayne101

wayne101 Member

i know that but i know it can run some i repeat some KEYWORD repeat games and im just wondering why most games are running at snails pace the game i tried was donkey kong i only have 9 games for snes so was just wondering if there was any way i could speed up the donkey kong series if not i will have to live with it any help is kindly appreciated.

4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

try overclocking, maybe? idk. the snes emulator i know isn't too good not much u can do except deal with it, or dump it.

5. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

6. dantelope

dantelope Member

Hi

What is this emulator about? I have downgrade my PSP to version 1.5 recently and they are telling me that I have to download this emulator before I can use it to play game. Where can I download this emulator?

7. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

*sigh* do u even know what an emulator is

and steven, i used to use one, but it ran like a 50% speed so i gave up. i guess they came out with a better one! thanks

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  8. iwannano

iwannano Member

hey im trying to get donkey kong country on my oe-c but it says data corrupted all the time. i got the game from isohunt.com and downloaded it with utorrent, then when it was complete i put it in my iso folder along with nesterj emulator but it didnt work. i also tried a couple other emulators from psp-hacks.com but they didnt work either. what am i doing wrong? also i wanna put metal slug on it, i would need a MAME emulator right?

9. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

lmao, u don't put the homebrew ie emulator in PSP/GAME, not ISO, iso is where u put ISO files, DUH.

if u want to play metal slug, u have to use the neogeo cd version, not the arcade

10. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Explain to me where homebrew emulators go then?

11. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

u don't know, hex? oh yeah, for 3.03 oe-c they go under PSP/GAME150, in 1.5 they go under PSP/GAME. my bad

12. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

No i was checking to see if you KNEW. Depending on what kernel u run under the custom firmware determines what folder the 1.5 homebrew go in. I have my GAME folder set to 1.50 therefor all my 1.50 homebrew go in the GAME folder. I hate that game150 folder.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  13. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

I have never quite understood what the difference is running your homebrew in the 1.5 kernel or the 3.XX kernel. I have always used 1.5, and only ever needed to put demos in the 3.XX, and have a GAME150 folder I never ever use. Is there pros and cons to using one or the other?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  14. LAMPRO

LAMPRO Regular member

Can someone help me out with the GAME, GAME150, and GAME 303 folders - in 3.03OE-C - pleze?

On the 1.50, they all worked great, I hid icons and organized using pspsort - over 20 homebrew items. all butter.

When I put some in the GAME150 folder on the 303oec, some wont work, some show currupt icons even after changing the folder names, and some are perfect. I set them all up like XYZZ_ and XYZZ_%.

Ive been to BOOT holding R and enabled hide corrupt icons, and even toggled 303kernal and 150 kernal, but i dont know which will make it work.. they didnt change when i toggled.

i wish i could use pspsort and make it work again, put it all in order and hide the corrupts.. how do i do?

anyone with some tips for homebrew for CF?? D_A?