1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with enter the matrix for PC

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by prototype, Jul 28, 2003.

1. prototype

prototype Member

i can get disc one and disc 3 bins and cues to burn fine using alcohol 120% but disc 2 wont burn correctly.

has anyone else run into this problem.?

i got them from emule and tried 2 different disc 2 bins and cues.

anyone have any luck finding a working disc 2 on kazaa.?

thanx for any help that is posted

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The movie or the pc game?
    What error do you encounter (specific?)
    The pc game is SecuROM 4.8.x cd protected.

Shoey :)

3. prototype

prototype Member

thanx for replying

i am talking about the pc game.
    i cant get disc 2 to work or disc 4 to work

i have never had to bother with knowing or fixing the copy writed protection with all the games i have gotten, i use alcohol 120 but i dont see any part where i need to know the copy write protection type

how do i apply that....?

also i have heard that cd4 of the game requires certain tactics to get it to work
    can you please tell me how to do that..?
    in here or email me.

thanx again for replying and any additional help you send my way

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Enter The Matrix is SecuROM 4.8.x cd protected. To make working backups, you have the option to use BlindWrite Suite, Alcohol 120% or CloneCD/TwinPeak Tool. There are sticky threads on how to backup SecuROM 4.8.x using all three programs m8. "If" cd 4 is the SecuROM 4.8.x protected image, then you'll need a bwa file (or mdf). You can create one yourself using the BlindWrite Suite BWA Builder. Mount the images(you already have) with Alcohol 120% then use ClonyXXL and scan your virtual stealth drives to determine if the other images contain SecuROM 4.8.x. Usually the "play" disc is the SecuROM protected cd and you can use your favorite burning software and burn the other unprotected images(Image 1/2/3) as data, but [bold] read(20)& burn slow (8x). Same applies when backing up image 4 as well. [/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2003
  5. wolfwood

wolfwood Member

I am having problems also with Enter the Matrix! I burned the CD 1 without a problem but when I try to install get CRC errors to the point where the CD fails to install.Any suggestions?

6. prototype

prototype Member

Shoey you rock

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Is the file a "true" image or a internet download? Did you burn [bold] slow (8x or less) [/bold] as I recommended?

8. wolfwood

wolfwood Member

Yes,tried as you recommended.I followed the advice that was given for Splintered Cell.I am still having problems. I will try again. I got this copy of the game from the internet.It took ages to download. The Irony.
    Thanks for the response!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2003
  9. wolfwood

wolfwood Member

Alcohol 120% will not allow me to change the write speed. The only option is maximum!

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

For Splinter Cell, try using CloneCD 4.2.0.2. For Enter The Matrix use Blindwrite 4.25 (or latest build. Before you burn again I need to know the brand name& model# of your burner m8.

CloneCD:http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_cd/

11. wolfwood

wolfwood Member

Well,I'm green to compared to almost everyone I know! So, I can tell u that my burner is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105. I am not down yet with the jargon. I can't tell you what a m8 is! Thanks for not giving up on this newbie!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2003
  12. wolfwood

wolfwood Member

13. prototype

prototype Member

those games can be dubbed but in order to be able to play online games with mohaa spear head and bf 1942 you will need a server hack
    and also to be able to update the newest patches for each after initial installation.

14. Shoey

Shoey Guest

wolfwood,
    I prefer using Alcohol 120% to backup Safedisc 2.x (Battlefield 1942, Splinter Cell, MOHAA). For Enter The Matrix I prefer BlindWrite 4.25 (right click save target as) on the link you provided as the download does work. If you can only read at max using Alcohol 120% for Safedisc 2.x then use CloneCD 4.2.0.2 as BlindWrite's "autoplay" is still a bit unstable. I would almost gurantee the Pioneer DVd burner is a "1 sheep burner" and if this the case then you would need the aid of "amplify weak sectors" in the burn process and "hide cd-r media" during the playback of Safedisc 2.x protection. Download/install CloneCD m8.

15. wolfwood

wolfwood Member

Thanks! I really appreciated your help,prototype and Shoey! Shoey,you are the man,the dream and the legend! Man, getting all those programs and trying working them were like searching for the Holy Grail! Yet, everywhere on the net, you were there. Man, it's like a million people had the same questions about every PC game ever!It is really funny. Meanwhile, I was trying download Blindwrite off sites in Korean until I figureed out my firewall blocked me out!Anyway, all had been for not!I kept trying with Alcohol 120% and Blindwrite, yet I keep tossing cds in to the bin. I think it is pilot error!I think I figured out how to use A 120% but not too sure about Blindwrite! I made a file of the matrix with BW and then burned the matrix. Yet it still had the same flaws. Thank you for everything. I am still open for suggestions! However, just a bit defeated!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2003
  16. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Did you create a bwa file(s) using Blindwrite Builder? If not your backup won't work. I "think" Rotary, a senior forum member has these bwa files, not 100 % sure m8.

17. wolfwood

wolfwood Member

Well,I didn't download Blindwrite Builder,yet. So, I could try to make some backups.Please inform me what Rotary says.

18. Shoey

Shoey Guest

19. wolfwood

wolfwood Member

Ok, I followed your advice from that link.Thanks! Yet, the dumping process on max takes over 3 hours(for me anyway)!Sometime, during this long process my computer overheats and shuts down!So,maybe I am cured! Am I doing something wrong? How long this process normally take?