1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with F1 2004

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bboy_flex, Aug 15, 2004.

1. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I recently burned F1 2004. It is PAL and my console is NTSC aswell as my tv. Since it was a PAL the screen was in black and white and moving across the screen. I attempted patching the game with the PS2 pal to ntsc patcher with y-fix from Jayteemaster. It patched just fine but when i wanted to play the game it just freezes at the startup screen and stays there. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it? by the way i am using swap magic 3.2 USA build.

2. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

i also backed up a pal version game of athens 2004, and played on an NTSC console. My screen also started off black on my NTSC tv. But there was an option saying whether I wanted to change it to NTSC. it worked, and perfectly plays in full colour. r u sure that there are no signs like that? maybe u need a PAL-NTSC converter. Any reassurance on this??

3. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

No, there are no options like that. I would buy a converter if i knew where they were sold and if i had the money. Converters are too expensive for me to buy at this point. Does anyone know what i should do. I don't understand what happened. The patcher told me that the game patched perfectly. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. zalimator

zalimator Member

Hey bboy_flex,

Same game, same patcher, same problem. I think that it's because the game was patched for online play and that may have caused a problem with the NTSC patch. If I find a 'clean' unaltered version I can let you know, then we'll know for sure.
    Why don't they just release the damn game in North America?
    Let me know if you have any successes with this one. I just thought I'd let you know that you're not alone.

5. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Yeah man its good to know that i'm not alone. They should just release the game in North America but who knows when that will happen. Keep me posted if u find anything out and i will do the same.